Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Tesla Model S Long Range Status/Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone with a new LR post their experience?

Check out this thread under MS - Driving Dynamics. Some good posts here
Thank you. I am glad to see that at least few people have received the new MS (LR) and they are thrilled with the new car. I had placed an ordered for my MS (LR) on March 10 but do not have a delivery date. Hopefully as they ramp up the S line they will start chipping away at the backlog.

Thank you. I am glad to see that at least few people have received the new MS (LR) and they are thrilled with the new car. I had placed an ordered for my MS (LR) on March 10 but do not have a delivery date. Hopefully as they ramp up the S line they will start chipping away at the backlog.
I also have a LR on order but don't expect delivery until ~October. If you have the 19" wheels just know you are probably in for a decent wait. If you have the 21" wheels ( or switch to them) there is a decent chance you will get your car sooner from what we have seen so far.

Congratulations! Was it with 21" wheel? There seems to be some sourcing issues with 19" wheel.
Yes, White with black inside and 21" wheels. Awesome look, ride, power, fit and finish. I wanted the 19" but price change so it didn't make sense to go to 19 with higher pricing, so went with the 21 and the car looks the best with 21. Might buy 20's later for smoother ride and more tire thread life.

Out of curiosity, what are the deciding factors when choosing between 10” and 21” wheels other than aesthetics?
I believe you meant "19".
That said, for me. The previous Model S once had 21" wheels (Silver Arachnids) offered as a $2000 upgrade. And those wheels were "forged" (lighter/stronger). The "new" 21" black Arachnids are $4500 upgrade, and are basic cast alloy. (cast is heavier and bends much easier than forged).

So for me, that's not a good "value".

Additionally, the 21" wheels come with "summer only" high performance tires. Summer tires are not good at all/nor recommended for cold temps and definitely not good in snow. Extremely great traction in summer, but terrible in winter.

So for me, getting the "free" 19's (that have all season tires) and spending $2500 for aftermarket forged 21" wheels in a style that I choose like is a better value. I'll use the 21's Late march through about mid November, then put on the 19's Mid November through Late March.

Whenever its time to sell the car, I'll sell with the 19's and then sell my 21"s as a package separately and recoup some of that cost.

Reactions: BBB4000 and AMPd
Out of curiosity, what are the deciding factors when choosing between 10” and 21” wheels other than aesthetics?
reasons 2101guy mentions and
The 19s also provide a softer and quieter ride, they can also take more pothole abuse than the 21s. With the 21s you really gotta be on the lookout for potholes.

The tires also last longer, from my experience the 19s can easily last twice as long as the 21s did.

Has anyone received the new refreshed 2021 Tesla Model S (Long Range) car? If so we would love to hear your feedback on the new car.
I received mine early July. The accelerated is excellent. The interior design is truly refreshing. The yolk steering was a little awkward at the beginning but now I am getting used to it. I am still not completely comfortable yet with the auto pilot.

A few disappointments:
1) The steering wheel had to be replaced because the leather seam was separating
2) One window trim was defective and had to be replaced
3) Some exterior panels are not properly aligned
4) Ride is quite rough with the 21" wheels. Should have picked the 19" wheels. I had an older MS with 19" wheels for a few days, The ride was much smoother and quieter compared to my 2021 MS.
5) Autopark is not available due to some unresolved firmware issues (the biggest disappointment so far).

Overall it is fun car with stunning interior and exterior. However, the build quality is subpar for a 100K car.

I received mine early July. The accelerated is excellent. The interior design is truly refreshing. The yolk steering was a little awkward at the beginning but now I am getting used to it. I am still not completely comfortable yet with the auto pilot.

A few disappointments:
1) The steering wheel had to be replaced because the leather seam was separating
2) One window trim was defective and had to be replaced
3) Some exterior panels are not properly aligned
4) Ride is quite rough with the 21" wheels. Should have picked the 19" wheels. I had an older MS with 19" wheels for a few days, The ride was much smoother and quieter compared to my 2021 MS.
5) Autopark is not available due to some unresolved firmware issues (the biggest disappointment so far).

Overall it is fun car with stunning interior and exterior. However, the build quality is subpar for a 100K car.
Thank you for your candid feedback. Enjoy your beautiful car! It will only get better with more software updates.
As you know MS (LR) with 19" wheels are delayed. Hopefully they will resolve the "fit & finish" issues before they roll out more cars. I opted for the 19" wheel for the extra mileage and quilter ride.

Reactions: DelPhonic1