Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 TPMS purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I’m picking up my car tomorrow in Kitchener. My pick up time is after the parts department closes. They won’t let me pre purchase the sensors until the delivery of the vehicle has taken place. I’m over a hour away and they’re telling me I have to drive back at another time. They also can’t be purchased online until my car has been delivered and can’t confirm if they can be delivered. Does anyone have a work around solution?

Hi all. I’m picking up my car tomorrow in Kitchener. My pick up time is after the parts department closes. They won’t let me pre purchase the sensors until the delivery of the vehicle has taken place. I’m over a hour away and they’re telling me I have to drive back at another time. They also can’t be purchased online until my car has been delivered and can’t confirm if they can be delivered. Does anyone have a work around solution?
The EPC lists the TPMS as no VIN required. In preparation for getting winter rims for my upcoming Plaid, I visited Vaughan SC and picked up a set. They too wanted a VIN, so I gave them my wife's MY VIN, which also uses Bluetooth.

Why are they so annoying with this? Trying to buy a 14-50 adaptor locally prior or during delivery was like pulling teeth (the online shop lost my order). Getting someone on the phone seems impossible.

Just curios how much they are charging you for the TPMS

I tried to purchase a set in the APP by choosing "Other" for service. Problem is the only SC that can accept is in Ottawa 90 minutes drive 1 way.
Montreal and St. Bruno show zero openings, can't get Laval to show up at all. Went ahead with Ottawa just to get a price of $95 each.

Reactions: bolero
Buying from Tesla is cheaper
Obviously yet Tesla won't ship them to you and depending where you live, driving to a Tesla service center can be less than convenient.
If want to be be completely objective. Compare buying a complete wheel/tire/tpms from Tesla and from a 3rd party. Tesla is way more expensive though Tesla will install the set free of charge on your Tesla but that is with an appointment. good luck with that.
I'm the type who like tp swap winters myself so 3rd party like PMC that can ship me free of charge a fully assembled wheel/tire/tpms fully balanced free of charge is a very compelling offer. So coming in that they charge $30 more a TPMS is moot.

Obviously yet Tesla won't ship them to you and depending where you live, driving to a Tesla service center can be less than convenient.
If want to be be completely objective. Compare buying a complete wheel/tire/tpms from Tesla and from a 3rd party. Tesla is way more expensive though Tesla will install the set free of charge on your Tesla but that is with an appointment. good luck with that.
I'm the type who like tp swap winters myself so 3rd party like PMC that can ship me free of charge a fully assembled wheel/tire/tpms fully balanced free of charge is a very compelling offer. So coming in that they charge $30 more a TPMS is moot.

ok