Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.12.3.2 bottom bar improvements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like 2022.12.3.2 improved the bottom bar:
  • Heated seat controls can now be added (they fall into a space reserved for them, not among the 5 apps).
  • Wipers, front defrost, rear defrost, and heated steering wheel controls are available (take up space among the 5 apps).
  • 5 apps instead of 4.
What would be nice for further improvements:
  • Replace the recent app space with space for more apps (or have that be a user option).
  • Allow the app space to expand for more apps, reducing empty space on the bottom bar.
  • Add headlight and fan speed controls to what can be put on the bottom bar.
Basically, I'd like to be able to put stuff useful while driving on the bottom bar:
  • Energy display
  • Headlights
  • Wipers
  • Heated seats
  • Camera (useful for parking)
  • Defrost
  • Dash cam save clip

Hallelujah! Love that they added the ability to put some of those useful icons back on the bottom bar. Would be great if we had even more customizability there, but it's a good start! Thanks Tesla UI team

Looks like 2022.12.3.2 improved the bottom bar:
  • Heated seat controls can now be added (they fall into a space reserved for them, not among the 5 apps).
  • Wipers, front defrost, rear defrost, and heated steering wheel controls are available (take up space among the 5 apps).
  • 5 apps instead of 4.
What would be nice for further improvements:
  • Replace the recent app space with space for more apps (or have that be a user option).
  • Allow the app space to expand for more apps, reducing empty space on the bottom bar.
  • Add headlight and fan speed controls to what can be put on the bottom bar.
Basically, I'd like to be able to put stuff useful while driving on the bottom bar:
  • Energy display
  • Headlights
  • Wipers
  • Heated seats
  • Camera (useful for parking)
  • Defrost
  • Dash cam save clip
Agreed we STILL NEED LIGHTS to be easy to get to since they STILL DO NOT GO ON AUTOMATICALLY WHEN THE WIPERS GO ON. Since the wipers have auto and the seat controls are available through the temperature screen, what we really need it LIGHTS on the bottom bar since they haven't seen fit to make the lights go on automatically when the wipers go on. This is a real problem in FL where we get fast rain storms with sunshine, and the law is that we have lights on with wipers. It isn't dark enough for the lights to come on automatically so I have to fumble through the screens to get to the lights. I do like having the defrost on the bottom bar, but since wipers go on automatically that seems redundant.