Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.20.9 - Tesla Vision impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's strange. Maybe the rain sensing just wasn't working or it wasn't raining hard enough or you have to be going over a certain speed? I have my wipers in the OFF position by rule and was surprised when I engaged AP that my wipers came on. I brought up the wiper UI and tried off, 1, 2, etc. and it wouldn't allow it. As soon as you tap "Off" for example, you see a brief flash in the Off position but it overrides and switches immediately back to Auto. Does that even if you only engage cruise and not AP.

Edit: Mine is a 2021 with radar in case the MY matters.

Mike

I think someone mentioned previously that it is only forced on the Y and 3.

I have an 2021 S with radar (well, until a couple weeks ago). Took it out in rain and also at night. No force on. Stayed off or wherever I set it.

Yes, according to the release notes. Also, following distance cannot be set to 1.

I have this update waiting to be installed in my 2018 Model S, but I can't decide whether I should install it. Like the OP, I'm also interested in finding out how it works for other people. I'm going on a road trip soon and I don't want to screw up AP, which currently works pretty well for me (I have non-beta FSD), and which I use for all my highway driving.

I'm also confused about something: 2022.24.x came out before 2020.20.9 -- does that disable radar too? I didn't hear about that when 2022.24 came out.
I did, regretfully…
If I could I’d cancel it.
A step back up.
Hope they will improve it at least to the previous level 😂😂😂

Having lived through the original debacle when they pulled radar physically from the 3/Y when I bought the Y, I am still holding out on the last version before they went all in on Teslavision. I may never upgrade as it works very well for me. I've only had 1 PB even in 5k miles and that might have been a legitimate reason to brake.

Having lived through the original debacle when they pulled radar physically from the 3/Y when I bought the Y, I am still holding out on the last version before they went all in on Teslavision. I may never upgrade as it works very well for me. I've only had 1 PB even in 5k miles and that might have been a legitimate reason to brake.

My 3 phantom braked all the time (for a year and a half) when it was on the radar versions of the software, mostly in the same spots. I don't see much of a difference now that they deactivated radar. If anything, it's a little better on vision-only. My only complaint is (again on the 3) the overuse of the wipers.

Mike

My Y, without radar, had hundreds of PB events on just one trip from FL to Texas. I had an incredible amount of buyer's remorse with that car. Driving the same roads (same time of day, similar conditions, etc.) with the S that has radar, absolutely no issues.