Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting a high pitch sound coming from car whether on or off after this update. It’s not loud but audible for sure.

Anyone else install this either hear or not hear this?

Thx
Yes, brand new MS LR. Just brought it home a week ago and it’s made the noise from the start. It’s in service now for that and a couple of other small issues but apparently from what I am reading it could be tied to a recent update. If the service dept. comes back with anything, I’ll post.

Reactions: UpNorth067
Thanks! I decided to avoid the pain of going to the service center for something I don’t believe they can fix and rather wait for a software release fixing it. Bit of they are able to fox for you PLEASE do let us know! Ty!

Thanks! I decided to avoid the pain of going to the service center for something I don’t believe they can fix and rather wait for a software release fixing it. Bit of they are able to fox for you PLEASE do let us know! Ty!
Got the car back this evening. This was the report from the tech:

Concern: Customer states: Other - Constant high pitched noise
Confirmed noise from rear of vehicle while contactors closed. Followed toolbox article related to firmware update causing noise due to the change in frequency for performance reasons. This should be addressed in a later firmware update and is considered normal operation at this time.

Confirmed noise from rear of vehicle while contactors closed. Followed toolbox article related to firmware update causing noise due to the change in frequency for performance reasons. This should be addressed in a later firmware update and is considered normal operation at this time.
Omg — “normal operarion”. I hate Tesla

Reactions: m5james

That’s what the told me today for the same issue

Reactions: Neewbs
I would suggest to still open a service ticket and message them that you know it known issue and waiting for the fix so we can put pressure on them.

I am getting a high pitch sound coming from car whether on or off after this update. It’s not loud but audible for sure.

Thx
SAme here on 22 model S plaid. If i power off the car it goes away after a bit but as soon as i turn the car back on it comes back. have a service appointment tomorrow for another reason will see what they say. Assuming its an issue due to the update and a patch is on its way hopefully..

Reactions: Ash83
SAme here on 22 model S plaid. If i power off the car it goes away after a bit but as soon as i turn the car back on it comes back. have a service appointment tomorrow for another reason will see what they say. Assuming its an issue due to the update and a patch is on its way hopefully..
If it was software related, I'd think everybody would be having the problem. But clearly not everyone does.

Correct if you assume all cars have the same parts and tolernaces. Tesal makes continuous changes and they change vendors frequently.

Our guess it is tied to the same software that everyone got coupled with certain part numbers that they used.

A diffrent coil from a diffrent bin that has slightly diffrent spec could be the cause for all this.

Here is a video of my 2022 MX LR, immediately after 2022.24.8 software update. Car is parked in my garage and I even powered off from the display. I called Tesla support and told them to search these threads on TMC, that lot of people were having the same issue.

Thx
Yeah I had the same issue on my refreshed model S plaid . Went to service for another warranty item and explained the sound started after the update. The service ticket said they updated firmware. The noise now stops once the car is inactive for a few minutes and goes to sleep. Once the car wakes it starts but before it was constant. I don’t wake the car thru the app unless I need to. Once I click the app and the car wakes I hear the clunk sound then the buzz for about 5 minutes or so then the car goes to sleep again.. But it’s much better then before.