Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.4.5 Software release

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife never drives the car, so it isn't a "this is what I used last time" situation... it selects the profile associated with the phone that it links to first when the car wakes up. Most of the time I picks my phone but when it picks my wife's phone I am in danger.

I believe this is how it works, from my experience and from other forum posts. The spouse's phone can be inside the house and still be the one that first connected and thus determines the profile (assuming you have profiles linked to "keys").

To avoid the Star Wars trash compactor scene, set the shorter driver's profile to use Easy Entry. Also, tapping on a seat adjustment knob will stop the trash compactor.

I've read that the car has 3 Bluetooth receivers: one in each B pillar and one in the console with the card reader. So hopefully someday Tesla will make the car detect which phone is nearest to the driver side door upon entry.

FYI each driver profile can select a "preferred Bluetooth device." That's ONLY for phone calls, SMS, and BT streaming audio.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: Slapshot and BnGrm