Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tap to park coming out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not this specifically, that's clearly just playing catch-up. However they seem to be on a bit of a roll.

High fidelity park assist is good and first showing I think of how they are progressing with their tech in this country. Matrix headlights turned up at last and maybe with this and summon coming back plus you'd hope being better... They are finally delivering some good updates.

Maybe now they don't have to code FSD Beta as 300k lines of code, not only is it working better but they might actually have freed up a lot of developers that had to work on and maintain that code. Can get them working on other useful updates to the cars.
HiFi to USS was promised but a few updates later I'm starting to lose hope. I just want to see the dam lines, I am so bad at parking this car.

HiFi to USS was promised but a few updates later I'm starting to lose hope. I just want to see the dam lines, I am so bad at parking this car.
I think it'll come but maybe not massively quickly. I think they are pushing hard to get Tesla Vision cars to get the features they lost back that USS cars still have.

I suspect most of these aren't a big deal in this market but I get the impression they need them for China because of all the competition, it's not just price there but all companies are pushing hard on the feature side as well.

Would be against UNECE regulations (as is) so we wouldn't get this.
Were there any changes in UNECE regulations? I remember already 8 years ago I was able to find a parking spot, leave my Merc, close the door and it parked by itself (but I had to stay nearby and constantly rotate my finger on the App screen). So it was allowed back then when standing nearby and controlling the movement through the App screen.

Were there any changes in UNECE regulations? I remember already 8 years ago I was able to find a parking spot, leave my Merc, close the door and it parked by itself (but I had to stay nearby and constantly rotate my finger on the App screen). So it was allowed back then when standing nearby and controlling the movement through the App screen.
Cannot be as my Lotus has this also. Just the distance and dead man's switch is different from the US.

Reactions: SergeyP
The only tapping Tesla will do auto parking is tapping the cars your trying to park between, It sounds like a cut down version of Electric Jesus claim you get out your car, tell it to park and off it trots to find a space somewhere. If Musk says it you know its a lie.

The only tapping Tesla will do auto parking is tapping the cars your trying to park between, It sounds like a cut down version of Electric Jesus claim you get out your car, tell it to park and off it trots to find a space somewhere. If Musk says it you know its a lie.
They are competing in China though against cars that advertise to do things like this.

I think because of the laws in our countries that block all this kind of tech, we are forced to stay in the past and can be unaware of how advanced this tech is becoming. Perfect no but compared to the 10+ year old stuff we get here in other cars, we are way behind.

• Love
Reactions: Durzel
You mean cars with actual sensors?
Well I mean cars. How they pull it off in theory shouldn’t matter to the buyer as long as it works well.

Tesla made their choice of vision only. If they can make it work then it’s a cheaper approach though judging from the amount of sensors other cars are getting, prices must have really dropped a lot.

It’s a bit of a race and us in Europe aren’t taking part in it.

I've seen video of v12 in the USA with FSD - impressive. The video posted here of Xiaomi is also remarkable. I know in the UK we are a bit behind and I really don't expect to ever have the degree of autonomy I see in these videos - not ever, but, my car cant travel a single mile on a quiet motorway on a bright sunny day and not bong, quit, attempt to change lane then pull back, phantom brake - and for some reason it always quits when the car goes over those metal expansion joints at the start and end of a bridge as part of the motorway.
Previously when we had active radar I did post here that my car joined the M1 motorway at junction 31 southbound just after midnight, engaged FSD and let the car drive - of course indicating to confirm overtakes and pulling back into lane - and it did all of that perfectly - even took me off the slip road at J21 as i was on NOA.

I see what can be achieved and accept our regulations hamper our experience, however, what's the excuse for the wipers, the AHB, the diabolical auto parking even with USS and worse without the sensors.
Admittedly my wipers are much better now and Ive turned off AHB. I do have USS and the car rarely even identifies a space to park in.

Everything else about the car is great or acceptable. What irritates is despite years of development and the uptake of Tesla within the UK, lessons haven't been learned about lying about what it can do, Its no wonder those that hate EVs justify their viewpoints with similar lies or misimpressions - they are playing the same game as Elon but from the opposite side.

Yes, these are the only cars I've owned where trying to park straight using the drivers side window resulted in an angle. The ability to park precisely within lines or against any parallel surface using the screen image is something I've been very happy to swap USS for. A kerb will also become 'red' when you are about 1" away so it's much easier to parallel park in a street without damaging the alloys.

Yes, these are the only cars I've owned where trying to park straight using the drivers side window resulted in an angle. The ability to park precisely within lines or against any parallel surface using the screen image is something I've been very happy to swap USS for. A kerb will also become 'red' when you are about 1" away so it's much easier to parallel park in a street without damaging the alloys.
Glad I'm not the only one having issues. Every time I reverse into my drive I think that's it, that's straight, and it's always on the wonk! I try everything, mirrors, markers, cameras. It's like a f"ckin moon landing at times. I find it easier driving head first into a parking space.

I've seen video of v12 in the USA with FSD - impressive. The video posted here of Xiaomi is also remarkable. I know in the UK we are a bit behind and I really don't expect to ever have the degree of autonomy I see in these videos - not ever, but, my car cant travel a single mile on a quiet motorway on a bright sunny day and not bong, quit, attempt to change lane then pull back, phantom brake - and for some reason it always quits when the car goes over those metal expansion joints at the start and end of a bridge as part of the motorway.
Previously when we had active radar I did post here that my car joined the M1 motorway at junction 31 southbound just after midnight, engaged FSD and let the car drive - of course indicating to confirm overtakes and pulling back into lane - and it did all of that perfectly - even took me off the slip road at J21 as i was on NOA.

I see what can be achieved and accept our regulations hamper our experience, however, what's the excuse for the wipers, the AHB, the diabolical auto parking even with USS and worse without the sensors.
Admittedly my wipers are much better now and Ive turned off AHB. I do have USS and the car rarely even identifies a space to park in.

Everything else about the car is great or acceptable. What irritates is despite years of development and the uptake of Tesla within the UK, lessons haven't been learned about lying about what it can do, Its no wonder those that hate EVs justify their viewpoints with similar lies or misimpressions - they are playing the same game as Elon but from the opposite side.
They stopped working on the autopilot code in our cars years ago, that's why it doesn't get better. Eventually you'd assume it'll finally get here and we'll have a massive jump vs gradual improvements.

I can imagine when training the FSD Beta in the US on how a human drives. They have no real limits so can get it to mimic us as best as possible.

Where as here they'd have videos of how to make corners but then have to program it to not be able to make them. It's not legal for the car to turn the wheel enough at the required speed to do it. What's the point trying to train a self driving car here when legally it's simply not possible in this country.

At best they can do motorways and A roads with more gentle bends. I do hope they bring FSD Beta code here but just for those roads. That would be a great improvement. I think though they want to crack the problem as best as possible in US and only then will think about other markets. At which point laws will hopefully allow it here also.