Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40 New Feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how long does it take you to charge from i.e. 2% to 90%?
On 43kw charging its about 100min. very slow (on a long range 3)
14%-88% took 1hr 1min back in the summer.

Attachments

• 0E84B52B-0F93-4E86-BC9C-EBDD305A58F1.jpeg
    0E84B52B-0F93-4E86-BC9C-EBDD305A58F1.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 57
i have almost the same charge on record and that was 1hr 21min (16% to 88%)

I mean thats terrible for supercharging... I did not know that the old Model S were throttled so hard.
I thought theyd be somewhat throttled to gen 1 supercharger speeds (i.e. 80kw throughout and 10-90% would take around 45min)
It’s hard to do anything out of daily travel. Thankfully I have a 65mi commute with a supercharger on the way if I’m bored and want a couple dollars of juice. If I had to pay by the minute I’d lose my mind.

I got nerfed a few years ago like every other early model S did. Even when my battery failed under warranty I was excited I had the chance to get a new battery but it was just an old remanufactured 85 rev-c (or D maybe) and the charge was the exact slow speed.

I hope one day to take advantage of the companies that swap out new(er) 90 batteries because I absolutely love the car and love to drive. I just wish I had faster supercharging. I’d even trade battery capacity for a return to faster charging. Because then at least I could get a faster charge on a smaller capacity.

It’s hard to do anything out of daily travel. Thankfully I have a 65mi commute with a supercharger on the way if I’m bored and want a couple dollars of juice. If I had to pay by the minute I’d lose my mind.

I got nerfed a few years ago like every other early model S did. Even when my battery failed under warranty I was excited I had the chance to get a new battery but it was just an old remanufactured 85 rev-c (or D maybe) and the charge was the exact slow speed.

I hope one day to take advantage of the companies that swap out new(er) 90 batteries because I absolutely love the car and love to drive. I just wish I had faster supercharging. I’d even trade battery capacity for a return to faster charging. Because then at least I could get a faster charge on a smaller capacity.

thats just dumb..... what is tesla saying about throttled S paying per minute. coz thats nuts that you have to pay more because tesla is throtteling the charging.

Reactions: kwjayhawk
thats just dumb..... what is tesla saying about throttled S paying per minute. coz thats nuts that you have to pay more because tesla is throtteling the charging.
Sorry, to be clear I’m grandfathered in FUSC. And in our are the power is charged by kW. But in no way could I say anyone buy an 85/60 battery if they have to pay for supercharging.

But as battery swap prices come down I’ll look forward to getting a 90. Love this car and want to drive it to 1million miles.