Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40 New Feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m wondering if this update will come down to pre-ap cars and in particular the 85 battery pack that has had DC charging speeds at a VERY reduced speed for the past few years at superchargers. Maybe it will boost them back up. After 20% SoC my speeds are between 30-50kW. And lower than that above 70%

Can anyone explain this new feature in 2022.40 to me? I thought the taillights came on whenever the automatic headlights turned on.

"Auto' headlights will now illuminate taillights in addition to the daytime running lights."
The taillights are not normally lit if DRLs are on but headlights are off. I assume this means taillights will now be on in that case, when using the auto setting.

Screenshot (16).png

I’m wondering if this update will come down to pre-ap cars and in particular the 85 battery pack that has had DC charging speeds at a VERY reduced speed for the past few years at superchargers. Maybe it will boost them back up. After 20% SoC my speeds are between 30-50kW. And lower than that above 70%
Doubtful. Doesn't the update say it is about efficiency? (For example on a 15kW CCS charger they use half, 7kW, to heat the battery, but on a 15kW AC charger they put the full 15kW into the battery. This update likely changes that so it doesn't waste energy heating the battery for no good reason. CHAdeMO users will likely see the most benefit from these changes.)

If I got a chademo adapter do you think I could sustain 50kW? My supercharging sessions are so so low past 20% it’s painful. I can only travel long distance by myself in the car as no one else in the family has the patience to wait that long. And I agree, it’s a huge bummer. Worse if the electricity wasn’t free.

Can anyone explain this new feature in 2022.40 to me? I thought the taillights came on whenever the automatic headlights turned on.

"Auto' headlights will now illuminate taillights in addition to the daytime running lights."

how is this not relevant in usa or in i.e. france/switzerland etc?

this is superimportant as the car doesnt turn the rear lights on while driving in daytime or poor visibility. it makes a huge difference to visability in i.e. rain or just alerts distracted drivers.

If I got a chademo adapter do you think I could sustain 50kW? My supercharging sessions are so so low past 20% it’s painful. I can only travel long distance by myself in the car as no one else in the family has the patience to wait that long. And I agree, it’s a huge bummer. Worse if the electricity wasn’t free.

you dont know what painful is until you only have access to 43kw charging.