Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor New Refresh Headlights & Taillights for Tesla Model S 2012-2020 | T Sportline x Alpharex collab NOVA Headlights and Pro Series Taillights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do think @TSportline meant to say 'tail lights'. From what I know the tail lights have completely different base/mount different between the '21-'22 and '22+ MS. The headlights, however, share the same base (would mount w.o. modification), but the wiring harness is different (requires an adapter).
interesting. i’d like to confirm this as well. would’ve totally thought mounting points would have been the same because they are exactly the same on the exterior. gotta look at the parts diagrams between the two years to see if the part numbers between the two tail lights are different

headlight base is slightly different on 06.2021+ P2 chassis vehicles. retooling mold to fit properly. thanks for your patience. 🙏
I am referring to the tail lights (the ones I paid for 4 months ago). Are the taillights different on a June built 21 plaid from a “raven” MS? I was going to purchase the Headlights, but after the fiasco of waiting forever and donating my money, I just retrofitted matrix Headlights. I purchased these totally expecting them to possibly not work no a June built 21 with old lights. That’s the whole reason why everyone wanted me to purchase them to be the test mule. While I understand every business can use an influx in cash. Maybe don’t pull a Tesla and promise something only to delay it constantly. If I was a betting man, I would say there’s going to be another delay for some other reason next month.

OK for those wondering whether they tail lights will work for a 21-22 refresh with older lights. I do believe they will work out of box. EVoffer house them on their site, but obviously obviously cannot sell them to us in the United States as tsportline has exclusive sales. I’m attempting to bribe them into sending me a set. I will just file a fraud charge on my CC for the other set I was supposed to get months ago. But here’s what is shown on their site. They seem to have a better understanding and knowledge than Ts**tline.

Attachments

• IMG_7485.png
    IMG_7485.png
    726.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7486.png
    IMG_7486.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
OK for those wondering whether they tail lights will work for a 21-22 refresh with older lights. I do believe they will work out of box. EVoffer house them on their site, but obviously obviously cannot sell them to us in the United States as tsportline has exclusive sales. I’m attempting to bribe them into sending me a set. I will just file a fraud charge on my CC for the other set I was supposed to get months ago. But here’s what is shown on their site. They seem to have a better understanding and knowledge than Ts**tline.
That’s a pretty bold comment. One of the key leaders from Morimoto just joined TSportline, they have been in the automotive lighting business a long time. I love the new headlights in my S, they smoke the crappy stock 2016 LEDs.

Last edited:
The '22+ tail lights DO NOT fit the '21-'22 (which I presume shares the same base/mounting provision as the pre-'21 generation?) according to the video below. I confirmed it with the video author, who has the '21 refresh MS-LR (2021-May build date).

The '22+ matrix headlight fit the '21-'22 without any modification. The wiring harness is different, however, but an adapter is made available (linked in the video description.

All that said, you'll still require SW changes to make the newer OEM headlights work; I don't believe the tail lights needed the SW change. The aftermarket solutions by Tsportline, AlphaRex, EVoffer, etc. would simply plug 'n play without any SW or HW change. However, availability and choosing the correct fitment model is important.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Looks great of course, but hard to quantify without back-to-back comparison on fixed exposure setting. Loving the sharp light cut-off!
The cutoff and step down are awesome, you really notice it when you pull up behind another car and when you roll down into a dip in the road. What I notice is the massive LUX increase. I can signs and reflective surfaces much sooner than the old OEM's. My eyeball meter is happy.

I really want to do a side by side with my wife's new Model X, I actually think these lights are better than the matrix headlights she has. She was always complaining about night driving in her S, and as soon as I got her old Model S, I prioritized fixing that issue, lets just say she isn't too happy that I didn't listen to her, as she has recently reminded me, but the X has been a nice distraction from my failure to take action sooner!

• Funny
Reactions: misc3r
The '22+ tail lights DO NOT fit the '21-'22 (which I presume shares the same base/mounting provision as the pre-'21 generation?) according to the video below. I confirmed it with the video author, who has the '21 refresh MS-LR (2021-May build date).

The '22+ matrix headlight fit the '21-'22 without any modification. The wiring harness is different, however, but an adapter is made available (linked in the video description.

All that said, you'll still require SW changes to make the newer OEM headlights work; I don't believe the tail lights needed the SW change. The aftermarket solutions by Tsportline, AlphaRex, EVoffer, etc. would simply plug 'n play without any SW or HW change. However, availability and choosing the correct fitment model is important.
This is who helped me get the headlights working and swivel screen. We were literally talking on the phone my name last night discussing this issue. He agrees I should wait hopefully will stop getting the runaround. I’m just frustrated because I was promised in December which I can share every email now I’ve spent about $600 more and parts to get these working by doing the retrofit just like the headlights screen

I thought that EVOffers won't sell them to north america?
They will but you’ll have to get your car’s gateway.config coded to global. This will separate the brake lights from the turn signals so the refresh tails can work correctly. Here’s a video of my evoffer tails after coding.

Note that the brakes and turn signals are now independent from each other. Without coding, the brake and turn signals would light up together.

As both upgrades are now available (to some) via Evoffer, which is best? The OEM matrix as a retrofit or the Alphas? Has anyone seen them side-by-side, or have a comment? I note that both are being offered in RHD configuration, which TSportline did not offer. I assume this means they have a different beam pattern.

They will but you’ll have to get your car’s gateway.config coded to global. This will separate the brake lights from the turn signals so the refresh tails can work correctly. Here’s a video of my evoffer tails after coding.

Note that the brakes and turn signals are now independent from each other. Without coding, the brake and turn signals would light up together.

i was talking about the custom chopped up 2022 tails they sell. but yeah for the alpharex, they list them on their site but i dont believe they will sell those to amercas
Well yeah what I meant was the Alpharex version.

Not planning on getting the OEM version anymore since it looks like there are a lot of works to do to get them working.

Especially the coding config and the cutting parts for the charge port.

I will probably get the new refresh PLAID with the seats that are in the Ludicrous Model 3.

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
Well yeah what I meant was the Alpharex version.

Not planning on getting the OEM version anymore since it looks like there are a lot of works to do to get them working.

Especially the coding config and the cutting parts for the charge port.

I will probably get the new refresh PLAID with the seats that are in the Ludicrous Model 3.
AFAIK the alpharex for NA is not yet an available.

I’m doing all I can to hold on to my old plaid until the new one comes out. New seats, front camera and ambient rgb would be nice

Reactions: Aziatiklover