Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A key tip I learned from TMC is to hold the half-press momentarily (1/3 second?) rather than a fast tap (1/10 second?) which the car ignores -- or did 2022.44.25 change that? Are you doing a fast tap?

Another possible difference is whether nav is on.

Does a full click on the stalk make it stay as long as it used to, i.e. until manual cancellation or a clear turn? I expected so but didn't test this yet.
A full click results in the same behavior; as soon as I move into a new lane, the signal turns itself off, rather than staying on until I execute an actual turn. It's frustrating. As I said before, having to monitor what it's doing and correcting it when it gets it wrong is more work than just operating the stalk manually as I have for 35 years. I fully understand that this will need to be automated due to FSD, but I don't see much reason to use it when driving manually unless it nearly always (i.e., better than 98% of the time) works.

Did you ever find a fix. I am just getting around to trying steam, and having the same issue
I've gotten a Sony DualSense PS5 controller to work, but I have not tried a PS4 controller.

As for other Steam Issues, most games warn that they probably will not run as you try to download them and I have been unable to get Witcher3 to launch. It just sits spinning for hours. I checked yesterday and Tesla still shows Witcher3 on the screen in their advertisements.

I've gotten a Sony DualSense PS5 controller to work, but I have not tried a PS4 controller.

As for other Steam Issues, most games warn that they probably will not run as you try to download them and I have been unable to get Witcher3 to launch. It just sits spinning for hours. I checked yesterday and Tesla still shows Witcher3 on the screen in their advertisements.
Okay I’ll try a PS5 controller. I got GTAV to load but it was only keyboard. So I could get it to work. I’ll try with other controller.

I don’t like how they split the ETA with the next turn menu box. I look at my navigation now and rather than take up less space I feel like they filled more clutter and provide less navigation/street view. They essentially split it on the top left and then bottom left of the navigation screen. Why?

I strongly feel they need to consolidate all the things gf a that are split up and unite them and choose 1 spot on leave it there.

The same could be said about the left side of the screen. Above the car view you can see the road ahead and cars. But after that it’s unused space. Maybe put the speed in the middle by making it bigger OR put the current street your on there OR next turn.

It looks like usable space is being used by things being split into different parts of the screen (taking up the screen real estate) when they can be consolidated and make space for more usable things.

I love the sliding cards. The music menu, tire pressure, etc. that’s great.

Reactions: tivoboy
I don’t like how they split the ETA with the next turn menu box. I look at my navigation now and rather than take up less space I feel like they filled more clutter and provide less navigation/street view. They essentially split it on the top left and then bottom left of the navigation screen. Why?

I thought that at first too, but in reality, I always had the "mini" media player up, which took more of the map space than the new ETA box at the bottom. So even though the navigation boxes might take up more space than they did before, there is still more navigation map space viewable than there was before.

After using it for a while, I have found I strongly prefer the new layout.

Who at Tesla thought it would be a good idea to take the current location road and town info, shrink it in half and move it from the bottom center of the screen to the lower right corner? Now it's the size of a (small) postage stamp and is as far away from the driver as it can be. Nearly impossible to read without leaning over. Why would they do this? So dumb.

• Helpful
Reactions: Billmister
Who at Tesla thought it would be a good idea to take the current location road and town info, shrink it in half and move it from the bottom center of the screen to the lower right corner? Now it's the size of a (small) postage stamp and is as far away from the driver as it can be. Nearly impossible to read without leaning over. Why would they do this? So dumb.
I agree! Maybe they should put this above the car on the left pane where there is nothing occupying and also increase it from 6 font size to 12.

Reactions: cmy4x4
What a shame to require $45 a year simply to send a command from Tesla. I use MyQ with Homeassistant combined with Teslamate. Automatic garage opening when I come home. I mounted a small NFC tag in the car that I tap with my phone to tell Homeassistant to close the door. No subscription required.
Hi, quite interested to know more details on this! I started to play more with Teslamate and MQTT and Homebridge. Is not perfect, but 90% of the times works. I basically use the geo-location of the car, if its moving far away from my garage, it automatically closes. The opposite as well, it opens when I arrive.

Did you ever find a fix. I am just getting around to trying steam, and having the same issue

Bump.

No i never did. I am on 2023.6.8 now with the latest Steam update, still no luck. USB or Bluetooth. PS4 Controller works just fine on other games besides Steam.

I did hear someone on MX forum got USB to work but not Bluetooth?!?

Every update brings me false hope... anyone else got PS4 controller to work w/ Steam?