Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Light show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year my Model 3 was active during the Christmas lights display. Last night I got a reminder about the light show so I was excited that maybe it was new this year. It is the same song but now the truck does not open and close. Has anyone noticed that this year?

I usually try the light show after each update. It is very random, sometimes the trunk opens and sometimes not. This latest update, the trunk pops open and immediately closes. Not a big deal, just annoying that they can take something that use to work and break it.

Hey everyone. I read some early reports that say this year’s holiday update will allow us to start the light show remotely from our app/phone. I recently installed the holiday update (FSDb version, 2022.44.25.5/10.69.25), but not seeing anything on the app/phone that will control/start the light show. Were those early reports simply incorrect, or am I just not looking in the correct place on my app?

Hey everyone. I read some early reports that say this year’s holiday update will allow us to start the light show remotely from our app/phone. I recently installed the holiday update (FSDb version, 2022.44.25.5/10.69.25), but not seeing anything on the app/phone that will control/start the light show. Were those early reports simply incorrect, or am I just not looking in the correct place on my app?
I don't see any function on the phone app that can play the light show.

I don't see any function on the phone app that can play the light show.
Thanks. I was starting to wonder if the remote start feature was missing from the FSDb software branch, since those have always lagged behind the normal/standard updates.
Sounds like remote start simply never made it to the final cut of any/all releases.
Oh well, overall, I’m still liking the holiday update!