Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model 3 RWD Acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my 2022 M3 RWD and tried a few speed tests as seen a few videos around the drop in speed from 5.6- 6.1 0-100, most of my tests seem to come in between 5.6-5.8 using race stats app and also eye-balling with a stopwatch (probably not overly accurate). Has anyone else tried- screen shot below was slight down hill with slight head wind- battery around 50%. Appears to have not lost speed if app is accurate?
3E0228E7-97F5-467F-9304-922D92583257.jpg

Just picked up my 2022 M3 RWD and tried a few speed tests as seen a few videos around the drop in speed from 5.6- 6.1 0-100, most of my tests seem to come in between 5.6-5.8 using race stats app and also eye-balling with a stopwatch (probably not overly accurate). Has anyone else tried- screen shot below was slight down hill with slight head wind- battery around 50%. Appears to have not lost speed if app is accurate?
What is your GPS source frequency in Hz?

Would be a 3D7- build date 18/1/22 Vin 492XXX, will try and get a pic of the motor label if I can find it..
EDIT - Ignore the following, we've got a confirmed 3D7 photo 2022 RWD Motor spec?

Lie down next to the passenger side rear tyre, with your head facing the front of the car. Put a camera around the other side of the wheel and take picture of the centre of the car, where a differential would normally be on a ICE vehicle. You're looking to take a photo of a shiny metallic label, that'll contain the model number of the motor.

Would be a 3D7- build date 18/1/22 Vin 492XXX, will try and get a pic of the motor label if I can find it..
If your 8th digit VIN = S it’s a 3D7

Does it push your back to the seat?
Many people suspect 3D7 maybe software limited. It seemed to hold back power on take off then gradually increased as it accelerates. Not sure if you felt the same.

I’m getting mine next week.

Last edited:

Many people suspect 3D7 maybe software limited. It seemed to hold back power on take off then gradually increased as it accelerates. Not sure if you felt the same.

Yes S digit.. It does push you back in the seat with acceleration in Standard mode drive, not disappointed in this at all- just the first 5-10m isn't the blinding speed you would expect and could be a power limitation for future acceleration boost?

Reactions: MAXPOiNT

I think they may have lowered the power feed in from a dead stop a little, and it's likely running a 630 amp inverter rather than an 800 amp one (unconfirmed).

Hard to tell the difference between it and previous SR+ I drove for a few days that had the performance motor, it's very quick on the uptake when rolling, super instant response and peaks quick.

I'm sure in a standing race all things being equal the older SR+ models will win every time if reaction is similar, but otherwise it's great, you'd only complain if you came from a super car or a LR or P honestly.