Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model S Clicking Sound From Front End When Turning Yoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My 2022 Model S has started to develop a clicking sound from the front end whenever I turn at low speeds, especially onto inclined surfaces (ie. driveway).

I took it into service yesterday. Despite telling them the sound is likely coming from the skidplate/front subframe (based on what I've read on here), they were still unable to resolve the issue.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Couple of threads here about this issue. Mine got resolved fortunately, but now the left rear seat has started loudly creaking instead. It never ends.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffTutorialsY
Couple of threads here about this issue. Mine got resolved fortunately, but now the left rear seat has started loudly creaking instead. It never ends.

Thanks!

I went in on Labor Day and asked them to re-torque the skidplate/subframe. They claim they did, but the issue is still present.

I'm going back tomorrow and asking for an experienced tech. In addition, I printed out 2 pages of invoice screenshots from the threads you sent over above.

Had this same problem on my March 2022 MS LR, Clicking sounds when turning yoke at low speeds. Took it in to service and retorquing of front skid plate solved the problem. Hard to believe, but that was it. See attached invoice

Attachments

• Service Invoice.pdf
    107.6 KB · Views: 198
This is how I solved it: