Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Model X (5 Seater) - Steering Wheel Issue - Turning signal sometimes doesn't work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I receive delivery of the 2022 Model X (5 Seater) this June, and noticed off and on that the turning signal doesn't work.
This is more prevalent when I press the left button + in the rare instance the right doesn't work as well.

The yoke was replace within the first 2 months, but the problem persist.
The technician said that it is most likely an software issue, since if it was wiring issue, then it would have affected more than the turn signals on the yoke.
I kind of do agree, because during some of the software update, the problem seem to disappear. But would reappear when another update happens.

Are any of you having similar problem?
Quite a few times the turn signal stopped working as I merge on or off the freeway. Extremely dangerous to say the least.

This is happening to my 2022 Model X when I press the left turn signal. Is is extremely intermittent. Have it in for service today and the service center is not familiar with this being a problem.
Im going through this issue with the left turn signal intermittently responding to my taps. Sometimes it takes 3-4 taps before the left turn signal engages. Have you had it resolved yet?

Reactions: jbeezely4051
This is happening to my 2022 Model X when I press the left turn signal. Is is extremely intermittent. Have it in for service today and the service center is not familiar with this being a problem.
I have had the same issue! Scheduling my THIRD appt for same issue!
Have all of you with this issue filed NHTSA complaints? This is a safety equipment fault that seems reasonably widespread, this probably should lead to a recall.
I think that will be my next step as this feels very unsafe to me when it occurs while driving!

I seem to have a very reliable repro on my 2022 X. Any time the yoke is actively being turned, the buttons on the yoke do not register. That includes the turn signal buttons

To replicate in a real world scenario, make a right turn, and WHILE returning the yoke to straight, immediately press the left turn signal to indicate an upcoming left turn

I am having the same problem on my 6-week old 2023 Model X. I think I've experienced it about 5 or 6 times. It seems to me it's always been with the left signal.

I have what I am afraid might be the first of many service appointments scheduled for this next week.

Where is NHTSA when you want them and they have an actual real problem to pursue?

Im going through this issue with the left turn signal intermittently responding to my taps. Sometimes it takes 3-4 taps before the left turn signal engages. Have you had it resolved yet?
Well the yoke was replaced on Feb 6. As I was driving home it did it again and it is doing it MORE frequently on this new yoke. I just had a service appt today and a mobile tech came out and said the logs showed my rear left turn light was not working so he replaced that. I think it just happened again on a short drive. The last serious time it occurred was on the freeway and it is very unnerving (especially for those of us that like to signal our intentions when driving :). If it keeps occurring then I guess I will give Tesla one more chance to resolve it? I was hoping someone else on here had a resolution. My next step would be to report to Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA as others have suggested on here if Tesla is unable to resolve it. Also I have been driving Tesla since 2012 so I'm usually supportive but this seems like a huge safety issue. Also I actually like the yoke and really don't mind the buttons.