Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MS cold draft on driver side door, very uncomfortable during Canadian winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well we’ll same thing temp went to 17 i had to drive 200 miles Chicago to Greenbay

Very cold air drivers side and quarter panel window feel cold air blowing crank heat to 7 to compensate

Local driving I have no problem just long distance highway you notice

Want to open ticket but they will make it worse

$110k and you get to drive a cold car

Never had issues with any ICE cars Toyota BMW Mercedes

I love my Tesla but wish they paid attention to small details
To ALL posting here, two words:

LEMON LAW.

Seriously, why do people tolerate this absurdity of cold drafts, shoddy construction quality, and inept Service Centers, especially at these Premium price points?!?

I would check Google for the number of repair attempts required in your jurisdiction for a Lemon Law filing. Then start making SC appointments . . . .

As others have posted, odds are high they'll not fix it.

After your x'th visit, with yet another non-repair, take some FLIR pics and file your LEMON LAW input with your local SC (no attorney should be required, and you ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY "ARBITRATION" contrary to the BS in the warranty book, at least in my experience (case law supports this).

The industry lost those "must arbitrate" cases years and years ago, yet the language remains in the warranty book--odd, eh?

You'll get a check for what you paid for the car, plus interest on your loan, if any, plus your taxes and registration, etc. There may be a small hit for mileage, depending upon your state/province I presume.

Most important: we can only hope that perhaps a few dozen, hundred, or thousand LEMON LAW BUY BACKS will teach Tesla to stop shipping crappy cars, thus greatly helping the mission!

You'll be doing us and the entire planet a great public service--thanks!

For being such smart people, Tesla can be awfully damn stupid, and for a very long time . . . it's hard to fathom but it is what it is, until WE help them fix it: LEMON LAW.

Reactions: saj070
No lemon law in Ontario and I’ve had the car almost 2 years. The SC indicated they are replacing door seals so at least that’s progress vs previous resolutions that said “keep climate set to auto not manual”…umm I have a cold draft, not a heat isn’t working issue!?

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
May just try this. Quebec is the first province in Canada to finally get a lemon law, this is very new as in last October. Quebec lemon law
The SC replaced the driver door but continue to feel cold in the driver area. The SC is saying it may be pressure differential with interior panels cold and heat running. This is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned that seems to have this issue!

CAMVAP seems to be an option in Ontario. I will look into this, it appears to be an arbitration process with the manufacturer. Anyone utilize this in the past to any success…or negative implications on handling other warranty issues?

The SC replaced the driver door but continue to feel cold in the driver area. The SC is saying it may be pressure differential with interior panels cold and heat running. This is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned that seems to have this issue!

CAMVAP seems to be an option in Ontario. I will look into this, it appears to be an arbitration process with the manufacturer. Anyone utilize this in the past to any success…or negative implications on handling other warranty issues?
I would Google search for "Lemon Law Attorney" in your area to get more factual details on the process in your jurisdiction.

I have found that the supposed "requirement" for arbitration are often listed, but have not been the case for many, many years due to previous case law. Oddly, Tesla seemingly has a hard time updating their documents to reflect these changes, however . . . .

And, frankly, the system is often rigged against the consumer is such arbitrations, or so I understand as I have not gone through that process myself.