Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Plaid vs 2023 Plaid - Which one would you choose?

2022 Plaid or 2023 Plaid

• 2022 Red with FSD

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • 2023 Ultra Red

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to get into the Plaid world. Here are my options

2022 Red with FSD, 22 inch wheels, 9K miles: around $100K

Brand new 2023 Ultra Red, 20 inch wheels, No FSD, but HW4, new Plaid upgrades like Brakes etc - MSRP around $112K

Taking FSD and wheels into consideration, it’s almost $25K difference

are all the cosmetics worth the $25k? you might make some of it back in resale value after 5 years.

I would take '23, FSD useless right now, adds no value. You can always do subscribe FSD if you want to test it for longer trips. You can always upgrade the wheels afterwards, keep the 20s as a winter setup. 22s for summer. win-win.

HW4 might be important later down the road, but for next couple of years, I'm not sure you're notice the difference from a driver perspective. You have a choice of yoke/wheel for 23. you'll have to cough up another $700 if you like the wheel for the '22.

Color is probably not THAT big of a difference. But Ultra Red is the latest cool. If cosmetics is important, color definitely tells others you got a '23.

-ThinkMac-

Does the 22’ have USS? The new UV 23’ is not up to par if this feature is important to you.
You can wrap the car to ultra red colour if you wish for 4-5k lol.

FSD is not much today but it also does affect future resale value. Subscribe and try it..you may not find value there where others might.

Personally, I would still agree with previous post…get the 2023. Also full warranty 4 yrs.
Brakes are a known issue in plaids so definitely a plus on the new.