Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 refresh swivel screen rattling housing.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put mine back into the center view just to get rid of the rattle. After a few days it looked a lot better to me as the screen looks more integrated as opposed to being on a stand. For me, center position with no rattles. To each his own.

On another note, my experience has been way worse with P-cars when it comes to rattles and software bugs. Kind of loving this MS.

Peace.

I put mine back into the center view just to get rid of the rattle. After a few days it looked a lot better to me as the screen looks more integrated as opposed to being on a stand. For me, center position with no rattles. To each his own.

On another note, my experience has been way worse with P-cars when it comes to rattles and software bugs. Kind of loving this MS.

Peace.
I prefer it angled, but I haven't fixed the shroud quite yet, and I'm lazy, so unless the roads are pretty smooth I leave it centered = no rattles, lol. Thanks, Tesla!

I finally gave this an attempt at fixing it. Thankfully nobody can see around the side of the screen, so I just slapped some felt tape around the edges where the pieces of plastic meet. Thanks for the roll of tape, @jebinc . Only took 30 seconds to fix (assuming it is fixed).

Also, I'd like to thank Tesla for their amazing quality control. Without them, I'd never have had the satisfaction of (attempting at least...) fixing this issue.

Attachments

• 69533596310__B64226E0-54F8-4525-9A87-DA6B4C6DCA4D.jpeg
    69533596310__B64226E0-54F8-4525-9A87-DA6B4C6DCA4D.jpeg
    470.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 69533615737__95EBEB84-F16F-4809-B668-C9FD145EB012.jpeg
    69533615737__95EBEB84-F16F-4809-B668-C9FD145EB012.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 86
I picked up my model S 2 weeks ago. I had the rattle from the start. I took it into the service center and they told me the housing was installed incorrectly. It was reinstalled and "insulating material" was installed. no rattle and housing feels pretty solid. The tech seemed to know exactly what the problem was as soon as I told him what was going on.
Concur 100%.

Pathetically, noticed this same loud rattle within the first 1/3 mile of driving our latest MS (Aug, 2022 Production) and had it back in the shop within two weeks for a fix.

A total pain in the ass that Tesla Fremont ships BS like this for customers to live with until THE CUSTOMERS HAVE TO FIND THE TIME to repair, but such is life with Tesla "quality."

That said, at least they fixed it, finally.

Concur 100%.

Pathetically, noticed this same loud rattle within the first 1/3 mile of driving our latest MS (Aug, 2022 Production) and had it back in the shop within two weeks for a fix.

A total pain in the ass that Tesla Fremont ships BS like this for customers to live with until THE CUSTOMERS HAVE TO FIND THE TIME to repair, but such is life with Tesla "quality."

Yeah it’s pretty dumb, especially since it’s so easy to fix, too. But honestly, this is classic Tesla.

Reactions: cleverscreenam
This will sound extreme, but my family is moving to a farm that really needs a truck. My new bottom-of-the-line F150 is so quite and refined... Model S was a great car but from a fledgling auto company. With all of Ford's flaws, they surely build a solid gas guzzler. Love Tesla... wife still drives a 22 MYP.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
This will sound extreme, but my family is moving to a farm that really needs a truck. My new bottom-of-the-line F150 is so quite and refined... Model S was a great car but from a fledgling auto company. With all of Ford's flaws, they surely build a solid gas guzzler. Love Tesla... wife still drives a 22 MYP.
Never dreamed I’d see the day when an F150 (bottom of the line or otherwise) would be called “quiet” or “refined.” But here we are!

Concur 100%.

Have this issue and brought it in… unfortunately they couldn’t replicate the rattle so they said come back when it’s doing it again. It’s definitely happening when tilted towards driver.

Will have to swing by when it starts up again.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Have this issue and brought it in… unfortunately they couldn’t replicate the rattle so they said come back when it’s doing it again. It’s definitely happening when tilted towards driver.

Will have to swing by when it starts up again.
Use your cell phone video function, and turn off your radio as well.

it’s hard to NOT fix something when you have video evidence….

it s so common I‘m surprised that Tesl doesn’t have a TSB out on this defect.

Reactions: geometro
Use your cell phone video function, and turn off your radio as well.

it’s hard to NOT fix something when you have video evidence….

it s so common I‘m surprised that Tesl doesn’t have a TSB out on this defect.
This really is a waste of time. Felt tape, 30 seconds, done. Don't bother getting Tesla involved, not because they don't deserve the burden, but they will almost certainly damage something.

Reactions: aerodyne