Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a M3, LR Red, Black Int., 19" on Nov 4th 2021.
The Tesla rep told me the date of delivery would probably be mid March.
So, I thought that this is the norm. Now I read orders 2 months after mine getting Vins! and I am still with the order number.Nothing Hidden on the webpage... This happening only to me, or are there any other people with similar experience?
Could it be in a ship already, but with no vin?

Reactions: hokkaidoblue
So, I thought that this is the norm. Now I read orders 2 months after mine getting Vins! and I am still with the order number.Nothing Hidden on the webpage... This happening only to me, or are there any other people with similar experience?
Not unusual at all. There are quite a few of us 'in the same boat' (pun intended 🤣). If you read back through the chat on this thread you will see that none of us can really make any sense of the allocations process, Tesla Chat Advisors included.

I have ordered my LR on 28th of September with EDD in December. Still no sight of VIN. I've heard it's common to get those delays in south-eastern Europe sadly.

Reactions: iorgosg
It's a black box indeed.

I have a MYLR reservation from mid-Seb'21 ( see specs in signature ) via lease company. Still no VIN :-(

Last edited:
Off she goes to Zeebrugge!
1644485005744.png

I see on the Tesla site that order times have just extended to May and August depending on the model ordered. Safe to say that the UK Q1 custom order cars are already on the water!
I believe that changed yesterday.

Not sure about your assumption. I think @Mr Miserable did say we have about a week left before the Q1 cars are loaded for UK. So any new ships have 1 week to port in Nanchang, load up and cast away. I believe this is calculated by knowing how long it takes for a ship to travel to Southampton (28+ days?) and extra lag time for delivering the vehicles across the country.

Reactions: jmhumphreys

Not sure about your assumption. I think @Mr Miserable did say we have about a week left before the Q1 cars are loaded for UK. So any new ships have 1 week to port in Nanchang, load up and cast away. I believe this is calculated by knowing how long it takes for a ship to travel to Southampton (28+ days?) and extra lag time for delivering the vehicles across the country.
Suppose that makes sense. They’ll be cutting it tight. Interestingly the RWD had a May delivery this morning but is August now. A lot more ships filled with Teslas coming this way this year!

If I recall correctly, he mentioned that the last ships leaving Shanghai for Q1 delivery will depart this week. This because after arrival in the harbour, they need a few days to prepare.

Yes, I am in the exact same situation.

I would say that it is most definitely on a ship already. I think it is unheard of that an EDD would be given until the shipment is underway. Given that the journey to Zeebrugge is approx 30 days in length, followed by a week or two prior to customer collection, it may be yours is on a ship that departed Shanghai in the last few days. Others may know better which ship is most likely.
Some of us are receiving invoices and finding the VIN in the code (not visible) just 3 weeks before delivery. With so many ships and some arriving every 3 days, it is hard to guess on which one your car will be.

Reactions: jmhumphreys

Now showing November for everything on stnadrd wheels except
Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 15.02.19.png
performance

Status
Not open for further replies.