Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I see that Weser Highway is in Tromsø, Norway at this moment. I ordeded a MYP black/black in late july, but I still haven't recieved any VIN number so im guessing that mine is not onboard. EDD is 30. nov - 16. dec. Will there be any more vessels arriving Tromsø before new year?

@Mr Miserable I have yet again spoken to Tesla who have again confirmed the ship containing my car doesn’t land at Southampton until the 14/12. I then explained the way vin allocations are handled, the ship voyage duration etc but they stuck firm with their date and steadfast refused to confirm what ship my car was on.
Are there any ships that are stopping on route to the UK that may explain this delay or are they just outright lying to me?
I am led to believe your advice rather than theirs😂😂

For anyone interested in Iceland. I communicated with local Tesla here in Iceland and this is what they said

When asked to verify VIN
-At this moment we cannot confirm the exact final VIN number of your vehicle. The reason being possible changes in logistics until the vehicle you ordered has arrived safely to Iceland.

When asked when the next batch will arrive
-We will receive cars every week until the end of year. I would expect your car to arrive either November 21st or November 28th to Iceland. You will be notified by Tesla via email and sms before the arrival of the vehicle to Iceland. This is the current estimate. I have to mention that it's always subject to change but very likely in either those.

Might be a stupid question, but when are the VINs alocated? when they start manufactering the actual vehicle or when its being loaded in to the ships?
The reaosn im asking, i had an EDD of 29nov-22dec which was moved to 5th of Jan to March and now all it says it is Jan-March.
It really is frustrating....

Might be a stupid question, but when are the VINs alocated? when they start manufactering the actual vehicle or when its being loaded in to the ships?
The reaosn im asking, i had an EDD of 29nov-22dec which was moved to 5th of Jan to March and now all it says it is Jan-March.
It really is frustrating....
Usually a few days after the ship left Shanghai, but it seems there can be some variability to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.