Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the story changes. I had to ring Tesla yet again as the booking I made for collection on 15/12 has now disappeared and has been replaced by the EDD.
After calling they have confirmed I am on GLOVIS SAFETY and they will send a link shortly to book collection.
I often wonder if Tesla could find their own ass with both hands😂

@Mr Miserable I have yet again spoken to Tesla who have again confirmed the ship containing my car doesn’t land at Southampton until the 14/12. I then explained the way vin allocations are handled, the ship voyage duration etc but they stuck firm with their date and steadfast refused to confirm what ship my car was on.
Are there any ships that are stopping on route to the UK that may explain this delay or are they just outright lying to me?
I am led to believe your advice rather than theirs😂😂
I stand by my earlier comments.
I think your car is already at sea since you have a VIN and a ship arriving on 14 Dec will not have left Shanghai yet.
I suggest you post your VIN to another thread and check against when others with similar VINs are getting their deliveries.
Quoting me to Tesla will just annoy them!!

Reactions: Danny_F
So now the story changes. I had to ring Tesla yet again as the booking I made for collection on 15/12 has now disappeared and has been replaced by the EDD.
After calling they have confirmed I am on GLOVIS SAFETY and they will send a link shortly to book collection.
I often wonder if Tesla could find their own ass with both hands😂
OK
I'm relieved!

Reactions: Danny_F
Might be a stupid question, but when are the VINs alocated? when they start manufactering the actual vehicle or when its being loaded in to the ships?
The reaosn im asking, i had an EDD of 29nov-22dec which was moved to 5th of Jan to March and now all it says it is Jan-March.
It really is frustrating....
Welcome to the life of waiting for Tesla. I am so frustrated with this to and fro , that I am banned from talking Tesla at home

Might be a stupid question, but when are the VINs alocated? when they start manufactering the actual vehicle or when its being loaded in to the ships?
The reaosn im asking, i had an EDD of 29nov-22dec which was moved to 5th of Jan to March and now all it says it is Jan-March.
It really is frustrating....
This happened to me about a week before I found a hidden vin. I tend to find big changes in the EDD mean that a delivery is due!

For anyone interested in Iceland. I communicated with local Tesla here in Iceland and this is what they said

When asked to verify VIN
-At this moment we cannot confirm the exact final VIN number of your vehicle. The reason being possible changes in logistics until the vehicle you ordered has arrived safely to Iceland.

When asked when the next batch will arrive
-We will receive cars every week until the end of year. I would expect your car to arrive either November 21st or November 28th to Iceland. You will be notified by Tesla via email and sms before the arrival of the vehicle to Iceland. This is the current estimate. I have to mention that it's always subject to change but very likely in either those.
That sounds correct to me.
Hidden VINs can change - my M3 VIN did.
It sounds like they intend to ship using M/S NORRONA of Smyril Line

Summary: Tuesday 15 Nov

GLOVIS SUMMIT Arrived in Southampton's Western Docks in the small hours of this morning.
GRANDE ABIDJAN Revised ETA Southampton 19:30 17 Nov. She's taking a scenic route around the lumpy Bay of Biscay at the moment.
HYPERION RAY ETA Barcelona 17 Nov.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov. She is now in the Med and is routing direct to Zeebrugge. She can take it easy and save some fuel.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 21 Nov. As I predicted she is way ahead of schedule (3 days!) If nothing else, this should make the competition results pretty interesting! (Nobody has chosen the Southampton square (P0 24)) I also don't know why she isn't appearing on the map. She is currently about 50 NM SW of Crete and making 19kts, which is fast.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas. According to her schedule she should route direct to Zeebrugge from Suez.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She can make it to Southampton by the 4th Dec but she will need to race to Suez, which she is doing!
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Recent VIN shower seems to confirm her as a likely Tesla carrier.
G POSEIDON has departed Shangai South enroute to Singapore for a refuel. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around. Destination will be EU, probably Koper (07 Dec), Barcelona (08 Dec) or Zeebrugge (10 Dec). Those dates may come left a day or 2 if she continues at her present rate. The current rumour is that she is heading to Zeebrugge.
GLOVIS SUN is currently loading at Shanghai South. Hopefully we may get a WuWa video of the loading to determine whether she is UK or EU bound.
I'm watching GRANDE HALIFAX at the moment. She was heading to S Korea but briefly dropped anchor off the Korean coast and then did a 180 and is presently doing 18kts enroute to Shanghai. She has a Tesla odour.

MSC IMMACOLATA turned out to be a big disappointment because she departed Pier 80 to Shanghai after the briefest of stays. Our San Francisco dogwalker wasn't expecting this ship and he didn't manage to get to the docks before she departed. There is no activity at Pier 80 at present.

The hunt for the S/X shipments continues. The timings and lack of activity at Pier 80 are such that we must now assume that they will be shipped from the US eastern seaboard. Newark and Philadelphia have been used by Tesla in the past.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.

Last edited:

GLOVIS SUMMIT Arrived in Southampton's Western Docks in the small hours of this morning.
GRANDE ABIDJAN Revised ETA Southampton 19:30 17 Nov. She's taking a scenic route around the lumpy Bay of Biscay at the moment.
CARRERA ETA Zeebrugge 25 Nov. She is now in the Med and is routing direct to Zeebrugge. She can take it easy and save some fuel.
RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 21 Nov. As I predicted she is way ahead of schedule (3 days!) If nothing else, this should make the competition results pretty interesting! (Nobody has chosen the Southampton square (P0 24)) I also don't know why she isn't appearing on the map.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas. According to her schedule she should route direct to Zeebrugge from Suez.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many I suspect. It looks like she will make a stop in Tarragona, Spain on 27 Nov. This stop won't be Tesla related.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 04 Dec. She can make it to Southampton by the 4th Dec but she will need to race to Suez, which she is doing!
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Recent VIN shower seems to confirm her as a likely Tesla carrier.
G POSEIDON has departed Shangai South enroute to Singapore for a refuel. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and she is not hanging around. Destination will be EU, probably Koper (07 Dec), Barcelona (08 Dec) or Zeebrugge (10 Dec). Those dates may come left a day or 2 if she continues at her present rate. The current rumour is that she is heading to Zeebrugge.
GLOVIS SUN is currently loading at Shanghai South. Hopefully we may get a WuWa video of the loading to determine whether she is UK or EU bound.
I'm watching GRANDE HALIFAX at the moment. She was heading to S Korea but briefly dropped anchor off the Korean coast and then did a 180 and is presently

MSC IMMACOLATA turned out to be a big disappointment because she departed Pier 80 to Shanghai after the briefest of stays.

The hunt for the S/X shipments continues. The timings are such that we must now assume that they will be shipped from the US eastern seaboard.

As always I will add the ships to the map here, so you can follow their progress.
On the Dutch RWD deliveries forum today several members reported new (hidden) VINs, from contacts with TA they refer to G Poseidon. Zeebrugge thus seems a logical port (although some Dutch deliveries are also arriving from Koper next week).

RCC EUROPE ETA Southampton 21 Nov. As I predicted she is way ahead of schedule (3 days!) If nothing else, this should make the competition results pretty interesting! (Nobody has chosen the Southampton square (P0 24)) I also don't know why she isn't appearing on the map.
I'm watching GRANDE HALIFAX at the moment. She was heading to S Korea but briefly dropped anchor off the Korean coast and then did a 180 and is presently

MSC IMMACOLATA turned out to be a big disappointment because she departed Pier 80 to Shanghai after the briefest of stays.

The hunt for the S/X shipments continues. The timings are such that we must now assume that they will be shipped from the US eastern seaboard.

Mr M on the basis of your information with RCC Europe arriving 3 days earlier I've just managed to arrange an earlier collection date which gets me out of all sorts of logistical problems. Good work 👌

What was your original date? Only interested as I’m not sure what ship I’m on. My delivery date is 8th Dec.
2nd December. They've just confirmed it leaves Southampton on the 30 November and can now be collected 1 day earlier on the 1st December in Newcastle. I had tried previously to get an earlier date but Tesla wouldn't budge. I've either got a rogue agent on the chat or it's due to RCC Europe coming in earlier as per Mr M's prediction.

You don’t. You have to work out ships locations, together with EDDs, texts received or not received, others with similar VINs and their experience. Then throw it in a bag, jiggle it about and add a bit of Tesla logic, then hey presto…….WTF 🤷‍♂️
Does the car registration text coincide with the ship's location as with the vin drop? Or is it 2 weeks before your collection date?

Apologies if this has been covered before but do the cars get shipped according to VIN #. I recently got my VIN but it appears to be an earlier VIN to most that have been released in the last few weeks. I’m wondering if that means it’s on an earlier ship like Summit or Europe. VIN is 9PC543 and it has USS.

Status
Not open for further replies.