Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here also a pick-up time, a little later (07/12) but also on the Carrera. Indeed, I have also come across 11/12 on some ship finders. Assuming she still has about four days to sail from her current position, I do have my strong doubts about this date. That would leave her bobbing at sea for another two weeks. But yes we don't know now, it's wait and see.
They need to stop F’ing around and bring me my car 🤬🤬🤬😂.

I'm pretty sure I explained why it's not going to happen this morning.
Respectfully, you submitted a theory. Whilst your theory is based on your copious and broad reaching experience, it's still only a theory until it has some basis in fact. Unless I've totally lost the plot, your last suggestion was a commercial issue is the likely cause of delays and that it may take some time to find a berth in Southampton - one would like to imagine that the Ports website wouldn't show an expected arrival unless a berth could be allocated.

Nonetheless, I've done nothing to discredit your theory, simply made a parallel observation which actually goes some way to supporting yours, circumstantially. Coincidentally, Europe is doing a positively spritely 5.6 knots as I write this - the fastest she's been in 36 hours from my observations! Anything could happen yet...

Meanwhile over in Shanghai it looks like COURAGEOUS ACE may be heading into Shanghai South.
I'm told that the Shanghai GF has switched to domestic production now and so whatever is being picked up by the ship will already be sat waiting in the compounds.
If she is heading to northern Europe (ZEE/SOU) she would be arriving around 21/22 Dec which is probably too late to guarantee a routine Q4 delivery.
Otherwise we are looking at 17/18 Dec for the southern European ports (BCN/KOP) which is do'able.
According to rumours there may well be a late UK shipment with deliveries extending into January and if true then this could be our ship.

Respectfully, you submitted a theory. Whilst your theory is based on your copious and broad reaching experience, it's still only a theory until it has some basis in fact. Unless I've totally lost the plot, your last suggestion was a commercial issue is the likely cause of delays and that it may take some time to find a berth in Southampton - one would like to imagine that the Ports website wouldn't show an expected arrival unless a berth could be allocated.

Nonetheless, I've done nothing to discredit your theory, simply made a parallel observation which actually goes some way to supporting yours, circumstantially. Coincidentally, Europe is doing a positively spritely 5.6 knots as I write this - the fastest she's been in 36 hours from my observations! Anything could happen yet...
If you look at the Southampton port schedule again you will see she is scheduled into the anchorage only, not a berth.
The port schedule entry is a simple placeholder and is not a booking.
But you are right in that anything can happen, just don't hold your breath!

Update: She is now pencilled in to dock on Friday afternoon. That is probably the earliest slot available at the moment. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Spoke to my SA and he said that they are expecting a mad rush in the last part of Dec. So they cannot guarantee all cars will be handed over in 2022 and some spill overs will be in January.
This is aligned with EM announcement not to focus on qtrly numbers, rather production and delivery
As a private buyer, am torn between a 23 registration date and getting my hands on the beauty ASAP.

POLL:
What does this forum in its collective wisdom suggest...
1. Get it ASAP?
2. get it registered as a '23 car

Can anybody estimate anything wise regarding the whereabouts of my incoming S Plaid?

I have an EDD of (December) 3rd to 17th (...changed from 9th to 23rd some days ago).
Destination: Denmark.

No VIN in source code.
  • `is_vin_assigned` is `true`
  • `vin` is empty
  • `isNotMatchedToRa00Vin` is `true`

If you look at the Southampton port schedule again you will see she is scheduled into the anchorage only, not a berth.
The port schedule entry is a simple placeholder and is not a booking.
But you are right in that anything can happen, just don't hold your breath!

Update: She is now pencilled in to dock on Friday afternoon. That is probably the earliest slot available at the moment. Fingers crossed!
Do we know the VIN numbers for this dock or a Guestimate? I'm 56xx MYP and delivery is between 30 Nov and 15th Dec. I fly out for a month on 3rd Dec and would ideally like the car at home for the family to use...hopefully its not on that ship. I did buy from existing inventory though!

Can anybody estimate anything wise regarding the whereabouts of my incoming S Plaid?

I have an EDD of (December) 3rd to 17th (...changed from 9th to 23rd some days ago).
Destination: Denmark.

No VIN in source code.
  • `is_vin_assigned` is `true`
  • `vin` is empty
  • `isNotMatchedToRa00Vin` is `true`
It appears that initial VIN allocation for the 1st shipment has happened. Some of those allocations will not stick (customers can't pay in time) and Tesla recognise this and so there is a chance that you are high in the 'reserve' list (which Tesla deny exists).
The 1st shipment is on its way and will arrive in Zeebrugge on 02 Dec on HOEGH TRANSPORTER.
The 2nd shipment I think will arrive in Zeebrugge on 18 Dec on HOEGH TROVE.

Last edited:
Spoke to my SA and he said that they are expecting a mad rush in the last part of Dec. So they cannot guarantee all cars will be handed over in 2022 and some spill overs will be in January.
This is aligned with EM announcement not to focus on qtrly numbers, rather production and delivery
As a private buyer, am torn between a 23 registration date and getting my hands on the beauty ASAP.

POLL:
1. Get it ASAP?
Isn't 23 date 1st march? Do you want to wait?

My answer would be get it now. I've never really got the "having latest plate" thing but that's just me. I have relatives who hold off putting their private plates on until their standard plate is no longer "new"

Reactions: mattdav
My pickup is 7th December at Trafford. I asked if it was on Glovis Safety and they said no its on a different vessel but will only arrive with them on 5th. Must be on RCC Europe! Is 2 weeks usual for docking in Southampton to pickup?

POLL:
1. Get it ASAP?
The risk of getting an april delivery and be subject to the incoming VED would put me off.

It appears that initial VIN allocation for the 1st shipment has happened. Some of those allocations will not stick (customers can't pay in time) and Tesla recognise this and so there is a chance that you are high in the 'reserve' list (which Tesla deny exists).
The 1st shipment is on its way and will arrive in Zeebrugge on 02 Dec on HOEGH TRANSPORTER.

And what is happening when EDD in December becomes TBD for a long time?

POLL:
1. Get it ASAP?
Get the car ASAP. Tesla practices continuous improvement where improvements are constantly introduced. Savvy buyers value Tesla vehicles by production date, not model year.

For example, my July 2017 Model S is less desirable than a September 2017 version-Tesla started shipping cars with upgraded Autopilot cameras in August of that year. This means I cannot enjoy Full Self Drive Beta until Tesla invites me to upgrade my car’s cameras.

Reactions: AGNL
If you have an EDD of 9th - 23rd December does that means it’s on the HOEGH TRANSPORTER?

Status
Not open for further replies.