Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@MrMiserable. Today my local SC confirmed my hidden VIN and delivery date 24th Dec and told me my battery was at 70 per cent. I think they mentioned THRUXTON, which I checked is a RORO but it doesn’t appear on this thread. is this one we don’t know about ? I was expecting it to be CELLO or GLOVIS SAFETY ?
I'd be surprised if anything was onboard THRUXTON. She left Shanghai on 01 Nov for S Korea and since then she has shuttled around several Korean ports - Pyeongtaek, Masan, Ulsan before leaving Masan again on 17 Nov. She is currently passing Sri Lanka and so if heading for Southampton she will arrive around 2 days ahead of GRANDE HALIFAX. So the delivery date is achievable. I'm just a little staggered that Tesla have used this ship.

MONDAY 28 Nov

CARRERA
arrived in Zeebrugge this morning.
HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many (700 at most) I suspect. She is now in Tarragona, Spain This stop won't be Tesla related. I expect that she won't make it to Southampton on the 04 Dec now - my estimate is 06 Dec depending on how long she stops in Tarragona.
GLOVIS SAFETY ETA Southampton 03 Dec.
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Currently 'dark' see post #10115. She should shortly reappear in the Red Sea.
G POSEIDON ETA Zeebrugge ~10 Dec probably. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and continues to maintain a brisk pace.
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 3000 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship.
DONG A GLAUCOS Barcelona ETA 13 Dec. She is not dawdling.
GRANDE HALIFAX Southampton ETA~15 Dec. She is maintaining a leaisurely pace
HOEGH SHANGHAI ETA Zeebrugge 23 Dec Confirmed to have departed Taicang with Teslas onboard. ETA Le Havre 21 Dec and Zeebrugge 23 Dec. Currently refuelling off Singapore.

I can't find any likely future candidates for shipments to UK/EU in the near future...

MSC IMMACOLATA now has a revised ETA for Shanghai of 30 Nov (from Pier 80)

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge 03 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU. Running a little behind schedule at the moment due to weather out in the North Atlantic, and now has a revised ETA of 03 Dec. She is routing well to the south to keep clear of the worst of the N Atlantic weather.

HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Note another slightly revised schedule Dep Baltimore 10 Dec arr Zeebrugge 22 Dec

You can follow the progress of the ships on the map here. This is updated by satellite and is therefore using the most accurate information available.

I'd be surprised if anything was onboard THRUXTON. She left Shanghai on 01 Nov for S Korea and since then she has shuttled around several Korean ports - Pyeongtaek, Masan, Ulsan before leaving Masan again on 17 Nov. She is currently passing Sri Lanka and so if heading for Southampton she will arrive around 2 days ahead of GRANDE HALIFAX. So the delivery date is achievable. I'm just a little staggered that Tesla have used this ship.
Thanks for that, time will tell, then. ☺️ I did get a hidden vin on 5th Novemberso that may fit the timing for leaving Shanghai.

MONDAY 28 Nov

CARRERA
MORNING CELLO ETA Southampton 04 Dec. Didn't stay long enough at Shanghai South to load much. VIN allocations suggest she is carrying some Teslas, but not many (700 at most) I suspect. She is now in Tarragona, Spain This stop won't be Tesla related. I expect that she won't make it to Southampton on the 04 Dec now - my estimate is 06 Dec depending on how long she stops in Tarragona.
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Currently 'dark' see post #10115. She should shortly reappear in the Red Sea.
G POSEIDON ETA Zeebrugge ~10 Dec probably. She is a big ship (5000+ cars) and continues to maintain a brisk pace.
GLOVIS SUN ETA Barcelona 10 Dec. Departed Shanghai South after only 24 hrs alongside, so probably only 3000 cars onboard, which seems a waste of such a large ship.
HOEGH SHANGHAI ETA Zeebrugge 23 Dec Confirmed to have departed Taicang with Teslas onboard. ETA Le Havre 21 Dec and Zeebrugge 23 Dec. Currently refuelling off Singapore.

I can't find any likely future candidates for shipments to UK/EU in the near future...

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge 03 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU. Running a little behind schedule at the moment due to weather out in the North Atlantic, and now has a revised ETA of 03 Dec. She is routing well to the south to keep clear of the worst of the N Atlantic weather.

HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Note another slightly revised schedule Dep Baltimore 10 Dec arr Zeebrugge 22 Dec

You can follow the progress of the ships on the map here. This is updated by satellite and is therefore using the most accurate information available.
The ship with my MY has arrived this morning in Zeebrugge, time to leave this topic, hope to be back in a few years 😉.

Thanx @Mr Miserable for al the hard work on keeping us updated, it was very helpful!

MONDAY 28 Nov

CARRERA

HOEGH TRADER ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. It seems to be a day behind the basic ETA :confused:

Seems that Tesla this quarter is using whatever cargo space it can find to move cars from Shanghai to Europe, with the priority being low cost rather than speed. If so, this also means that the number of Tesla-carrying ships can't be reliably used to estimate the total number of cars imported (although it most likely will be a new quarterly record).

Got my VIN and CoC today from Tesla SA... manufacturing date 24.11.22. without sensors only Tesla Vision, was asked to confirm change in order, pickup planned on 30.12.22 in Croatia Zagreb so it would look like it is on THEMIS that is scheduled to arrive in Koper on 24.12.22. can we get THEMIS on the map?
What is your VIN? Trying to figure out my build date. My VIN is PC634XXXg

TUESDAY 29 Nov

HOEGH TRADER
ETA Zeebrugge 30 Nov. Known to be carrying some Teslas.
TOKYO CAR ETA Zeebrugge 12 Dec. Currently 'dark' see post #10115. She should shortly reappear in the Red Sea close to G POSEIDON.
GRANDE HALIFAX Southampton ETA~15 Dec. She is maintaining a leisurely pace
THEMIS ETA Koper 24 Dec

MSC IMMACOLATA should arrive in Shanghai tomorrow (from Pier 80)

HOEGH TRANSPORTER ETA Zeebrugge now 04 Dec. Confirmed to be transporting the 1st shipment of new Model S/X to EU. Still running
behind schedule at the moment due to weather out in the North Atlantic, and now has a latest revised ETA of 04 Dec.

HOEGH TROVE looks likely to take the 2nd S/X shipment. Note another slightly revised schedule Dep Baltimore 10 Dec arr Zeebrugge 21 Dec

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.