Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.2.12 update incomplete, lost Navigation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3; update didn't load Navigation. Anyone else have this problem? Any option other than submitting a service ticket?
So far, the only response I have from Tesla ticket submitted is that they've put me in the queue for review by the virtual team, and a $1,958 estimate LOL! They've not yet responded that they can push another update to me.

What exactly do you mean by "didn't load Navigation"? Software updates and navigation data updates are separate, and you can see the latest version of each under Controls > Software in the car.

What are the exact symptoms of the problem you're reporting? What is the navigation system doing wrong?

I also have a 2018 M3LR, and about 2-3 weeks ago, I had an alert pop up that the navigation data was lost or couldn't be loaded... something to that effect. Thankfully, it resolved itself after about 30 minutes and a reboot. No issues since then (so far).

Kinda similarly, when I used Tidal about a year ago, I had the "Downloaded" section completely disappear sometimes despite downloading a few albums/playlists. Odd issues with the internal storage, potentially. Tesla cancelled the service appointment at the time, dismissing it as a "known issue" with Tidal and a fix coming "soon." I switched to Spotify (and now Apple Music) before it did.