Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023.32.9 release

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just seen this available for my car, looks like this is moving is to Tesla Vision perhaps? Anybody tried it yet? Any interesting things or downsides?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 21.07.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 21.07.49.png
    494.4 KB · Views: 345
Reactions: hiroshiy
I've updated our Model X but haven't had a chance to take a look yet. Our Model 3 showing what you see, Version Improvements. Also what's in the news is Tesla sending a over the air update in reference to the latest recall about the brake fluid sensor. This may be part of that but they probably won't say 32.9 is part of recall XYZ.

2023.32.6 has some really nasty regressions in basic autopilot and ACC behavior. No idea if they persist into .9 or not. I really hope not.

Reactions: hiroshiy
My concern is more toward the 2023.32.4 notes. My car is currently on 2023.26.9 and so hasn't been updated to 2023.32.4 so isn't currently on "Tesla Vision".

I'm wondering if Tesla Vision is currently a better experience than the current AP-features that make use of radar.

Bit late to the party here, but what I saw when moving to 32.9:

- Firstly, I immediately suffered several dramatic disengagements when driving on AP along Yokohane-sen (a route I drive all the time), in places where it has never happened before. I did notice that it seemed to be in areas where bright light was involved, i.e. coming out of one of the Haneda tunnels into almost direct sunlight (around sunset time). As mentioned, I drive this route often, around the same time of day, and this has never happened before, let alone 3 times in a single drive. Kinda sus that it was literally the first drive after updating. Weird thing is, this has not happened since.

- Secondly, contrary to the above, I actually found AP behaves much smoother now. I don't know if I'm imagining this or not, but when we received our car (approx. 4 months ago), AP did not seem to care about the speed it was carrying into corners on the expressway - it would just try to blast through them without altering the speed (for example, if there was no car ahead within range for it to be following), and would often result in disengagement because it hit the operational limit, presumably. Since 32.9 I noticed that it seems to reduce the speed accordingly, and I have way less disengagements due to corners.

- Occasional weird issues where Sentry Mode doesn't activate as expected after parking.

- No Tesla vision, at least as far as I can tell - sensors are still working correctly, and showing distance numbers in cm as before.