Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very loud urgent BEEP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doghousePVD

My grandfather’s car
Dec 3, 2018
New England, USA
I had a very loud unusual BEEP/KLAXON sound today.

Nothing weird with traffic or driving, no message or graphic description, no phantom braking, no shadows or overpass, no autopilot. About half a second. Stopped for errand, about 10 minutes later same thing. The sound intensity was like a NYC fire truck right next to me.

2018 X, 85,000 miles. Firmware 2023.32.9. I’ve heard every sound the car makes, this one was totally different and louder.

I rebooted the displays a little later, has not reoccurred yet. Car is driving normally. Any ideas?

I had a very loud unusual BEEP/KLAXON sound today.
Nothing weird with traffic or driving, no message or graphic description, no phantom braking, no shadows or overpass, no autopilot. About half a second. Stopped for errand, about 10 minutes later same thing. The sound intensity was like a NYC fire truck right next to me.
2018 X, 85,000 miles. Firmware 2023.32.9. I’ve heard every sound the car makes, this one was totally different and louder.
I rebooted the displays a little later, has not reoccurred yet. Car is driving normally. Any ideas?
It took me a while to figure this one out, but I'd bet you have the fob in your pocket, and you inadvertently sat on one of the Falcon Wing Door switches on the fob, while driving. It is pretty loud. Also it comes from the door that was tripped. Test by removing the fob from your pocket for a few trips.

Upvote 0