Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@zoomer0056 @zroger73

I called Tesla support and they got the information off my car and took notes. They will foward it on to their internal team to investigate.
Ok, it will be interesting how they respond. I do not have the holiday update and only see configuration for on/off for lock sound. My 2022 MSLR has never made an unlock sound, just a lock horn beep.
1000025840.jpg

Ok, it will be interesting how they respond. I do not have the holiday update and only see configuration for on/off for lock sound. My 2022 MSLR has never made an unlock sound, just a lock horn beep.

Correct, the Lock Confirmation Sound actually means the lock/unlock horn beep.

Oversight/bug here is that, if you use the custom lock sound, there is no sound when it comes to unlock as the lights will just flash. If you turn if off, Lock Confirmation Sound does not get turned back on therefore you have no confirmation for both lock/unlock unless you go back to enable it.

Attachments

• 20231220_150033.jpg
    20231220_150033.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 10
Currently on 2023.44.30.2 as I got the update today.

If anyone noticed but not sure if this an oversight from Tesla but if you use a custom lock sound, there is no unlock sound confirmation and it also turns off the lock sound confirmation (in lock menu with) without letting the owner know. If returning back to normal horn, you need to turn lock sound confirmation back on or else it here is no sound for both lock/unlock before realizing it.
I noticed the same behaviour on a 2019 Model 3. I assume it's probably happening to everybody but most haven't noticed because when using a phone key you never get an unlock sound.

I noticed the same behaviour on a 2019 Model 3. I assume it's probably happening to everybody but most haven't noticed because when using a phone key you never get an unlock sound.
Ok, I use the phone as key and never get an unlock beep. Let me go down to the garage and try my card
..... a few minutes later ....
Aha, it beeps twice on unlock with the card.

• Disagree
Reactions: sjkjs
@sjkjs @zoomer0056

Just tried using the key card, I got no sounds at all. Also tried the key FOB, lock sound only and same with the phone (which was what I tested first as my primary).

Will just keep it on default lock confirmation until they fix this.
I get the unlock sounds with key fob but not with phone, which is paired as key. Which I think makes sense. I don't want it to make whatever noise all the time.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I know one of the features of the Holiday update is being able to select alternate routes even when you are already enroute. I'v not updated yet and wanted to look again at my 2023.44.1 Navigation page. I never really looked at it closely until now. Does every one with this version of software have what I have regarding what can be avoided?
AvoidTrolls 4.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: SidetrackedSue
Something interesting today. I got notified of the Holiday update (I always get it late). Since I don't have WiFi where I park, I download via my phone's hotpot while driving (it usually takes a couple of trips to get it all). Today when I was making a 30 minute drive, I turned on the hotspot again and no download: the car says it is up-to-date (2023.44.1).

We'll see if anything changes on the drive home this evening.

Correct, the Lock Confirmation Sound actually means the lock/unlock horn beep.

Oversight/bug here is that, if you use the custom lock sound, there is no sound when it comes to unlock as the lights will just flash. If you turn if off, Lock Confirmation Sound does not get turned back on therefore you have no confirmation for both lock/unlock unless you go back to enable it.
I checked this out while custom lock sound is on and car locked, and the first time I unlocked using key card I got the two horn unlock sound. After that, there is some sort of a low boom out of the speakers (I think) when I lock or unlock with the key card, but no actual sound. Using the phone key, no sound plays during unlock and the custom chime plays on lock.

Seems like they need to iron out the logic between using the key card and phone key. But frankly, I wouldn't really want the sound to play during unlock, because it could get embarrassing if you have some, er, more aggressive lock sounds loaded....

Reactions: zoomer0056
I checked this out while custom lock sound is on and car locked, and the first time I unlocked using key card I got the two horn unlock sound. After that, there is some sort of a low boom out of the speakers (I think) when I lock or unlock with the key card, but no actual sound. Using the phone key, no sound plays during unlock and the custom chime plays on lock.

Seems like they need to iron out the logic between using the key card and phone key. But frankly, I wouldn't really want the sound to play during unlock, because it could get embarrassing if you have some, er, more aggressive lock sounds loaded....

Ha ah, true in a way but used appropriately. They could expand more option to have a different sound for the unlock.

For me, I just use the chirp. Was actually trying to find the Lexus/Toyota one but one doesn't really exists, but theirs actually using a piezo for it.

Last edited:
I know one of the features of the Holiday update is being able to select alternate routes even when you are already enroute. I'v not updated yet and wanted to look again at my 2023.44.1 Navigation page. I never really looked at it closely until now. Does every one with this version of software have what I have regarding what can be avoided?
View attachment 1001559
I'm too tired to go look now, but I will in the morning!

Received 2023.44.30.4 (and FSD 11.4.9) today.
  • Definitely going to have fun with LockChime.wav files. Dedicated thread for sharing? (where legal - note that Freesound has a ton of free wav files and you can filter by time but be forewarned, it's a deep, deep rabbit hole.
  • Park Assist is greatly improved for me on my September 23MYP - If before it was 10% useful, I'm going to say it's now at 70% useful. The major positive changes for me:
    • Forward alerting though when very close (after it's red), it seems to stop alerting
    • Curb/Planter/Wheel curb detection - this one needs more testing but I've had to be very careful with curbs and it appears that detection is better
    • Paranoia when be close to things on the sides of the vehicle now don't even alert. Pulling into my garage used to cause more bells than you can imagine - now it is silent until I get close to the front stack of bins I park close to.
    • Parking along a curb - can get much closer without problems. I did manage a few panic alerts in pitch dark (the 'take control now' ones) when pulling up to a curb and also when almost at a stop and there was cross traffic
    • Remaining asks:
      • Bring back the distance measurement
      • While cool, birds eye view on my Kia Telluride is still better than the new park assist -
      • Autopark/Summon/Smart Summon for Tesla vision vehicles
  • Updated FSD - not a lot of testing so far but it seems to deal with other vehicles on the highway better. City streets and neighborhoods it's still garbage with no improvement. Suspect only v12 is going to fix that - especially how it creeps out at intersections. Despite what's in the release notes, I see zero improvement. Also, in my first 5 mins of testing I managed:
    • To almost mow down an amazon delivery truck at 25mph (I suspect it was going to go around the truck but it failed to see on the other side of it...so I slowed down and sure enough, a car was behind the truck.
    • Pulled out in front of traffic going about 60mph very slowly enough to be dangerous. I know the car could have come up to speed quickly.. but would it have? I'm not trusting it.
    • Stop 30ft from the intersection when turning right. I think it got confused with the intersection and the convenience store driveway
    • In a long turn lane line, while stopped, it all of a sudden wanted to break out to the right to go around the line - but the route did not change and it meant it would have missed the turn.
  • The new game is meh

I believe you can turn emergency braking off too. I haven't turned it off, but I have it set to "late" which, to me, has made it easy to live with while still maintaining a backup safety factor.

Just dumb everything down until you have some confidence in the car. The other poster was right...just drive the car yourself.

If the automatic headlights and wipers bother you...run them on manual control. I agree with you that the automatic headlights and wipers often don't work the way I think they should. But, for me, I rarely drive at night or in the rain. So I control them manually when desired. Other times I leave 'em on automatic.
If on AP you have no choice- automatic.

Reactions: aerodyne