Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reminder to "keep yourself safe and mindful of those NDAs" certainly points to something bigger than holiday light shows. While I am still quite skeptical of FSD v12 being released this year, I am very willing to be surprised! But even something like the end of the wheel nag would be most appreciated and deserving of a safety caution.

But then again, maybe all we're getting is a port of Artari Pong.

Reactions: JamesEarl15
The reminder to "keep yourself safe and mindful of those NDAs" certainly points to something bigger than holiday light shows. While I am still quite skeptical of FSD v12 being released this year, I am very willing to be surprised! But even something like the end of the wheel nag would be most appreciated and deserving of a safety caution.

But then again, maybe all we're getting is a port of Artari Pong.

One of the rumors (and its been in the source code) is Eagle Eye but I will hold my breath on that. Also we are suppsose to get the FSD visualizations

Reactions: zoomer0056
Here is your list

Here is your Tesla's 2023 holiday update:

- Trip Planner on Mobile App
- More Cameras in Live Camera View
- Automatic Blind Spot Camera
- Light Show
- Apple Podcasts
- Tesla Arcade Updates
- Automatic 911 Calls
- Speed Cameras on Your Route
- Shuffle Play in TIDAL
- Apple and Spotify Profile Image
- Search Includes Owner's Manual
- Charging Location Filters

Here is your list

Here is your Tesla's 2023 holiday update:

- Trip Planner on Mobile App
- More Cameras in Live Camera View
- Automatic Blind Spot Camera
- Light Show
- Apple Podcasts
- Tesla Arcade Updates
- Automatic 911 Calls
- Speed Cameras on Your Route
- Shuffle Play in TIDAL
- Apple and Spotify Profile Image
- Search Includes Owner's Manual
- Charging Location Filters
Lumps of coal.

Bah humbug..Pretty sad update it looks like, Apple Podcasts are interesting if you are already using them. Trip Planner - already can do this in ABRP. More games and light shows. Possibly the v12 interface from Cybertruck because Tesla wants a single code base? Map improvements here as rumored but nothing big.

The blind spot indicator seems interesting. I’m also fairly excited by the trip planner update. Not because it’s better than ABRP but because you can now send a multi stop trips to the car. I’m hoping that api is exposed and ABRP, google, Apple, etc.. will be able to send multi stop trips as well.
Sending a multi-stop route from ABRP to Tesla would be sweet.

The list says automatic blind spot camera. I already have blind spot cameras on when I turn on my turn signal. And the ability to put it on the screen roughly where I want it to go. So does this mean all drivers will get this automatically, not by choice?
Watch video of it here.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 7.37.38 AM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: zoomer0056
Watch video of it here.
Thanks. I suppose it is better than what I have now but it is not automatic (since those who dislike having the camera view when signal is on won't select it.) Unless the camera comes on AND flashes if you try and change lanes with something there, which isn't what the video shows.

Many of us wanted a red flashing in the corners of our screen to indicate that there was something in the blind spot when the signal was on, but not wanting the camera view at all times (it is annoying when waiting in a left turn lane at a light, for example.)

Why does Tesla make it so all these blind spot features only work when you're already signalling? It's terrible driving etiquette to put your signal on before you actually intend to start moving. You're supposed to have checked your blind spot BEFORE that.

I was hoping this would put some sort of visible indicator on screen (perhaps not the full space-hogging video feed) every time a vehicle was in the blind spot, like, say, every other manufacturer does it with their blind spot warnings.