Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 Inventory models already being discounted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’ve been watching for HW4 models in inventory around Canada for a while and noticed that Model X’s with HW4 at least here and in the US are already receiving discounts of around $5000 USD / $7000 CAD. I understand the EOQ push but with new tech, I can’t help but wonder if another price decrease is coming to the S/X. I have a demo model S pickup today with HW3 that’s discounted $18,000 CAD / $13000 USD… debating if I should just go and reject it and wait.

Reactions: preilly44
HW4 is a significant upgrade over HW3. So, I doubt that another major hardware upgrade is planned - at least for drive computer.

I think EOQ discount makes sense for given macro-economic conditions. They already discounted MX price twice recently. I doubt they will continue to do that even further (but who really knows?).

All that said, order when you need the vehicle. I just placed an order for a MX with 5700 discount yesterday. Even if they announce a major refresh in a few months (or a price cut) - I will be fine with it.

Osho

Yes they are already discounted.. Well its your CA$ so your choice! They seem to have 1300 + model X ready to deliver and EoQ can show us some nice discounts eg free 22 wheels, interior upgrades, $7500 credit, free supercharging etc. BTW Based on their code most of the items are available for discounts depending on the time and inventory levels! 😀..

Attachments

• 0B2AF650-ABCA-4367-B479-7959F93E4DC3.jpeg
    0B2AF650-ABCA-4367-B479-7959F93E4DC3.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 186
HW4 is a significant upgrade over HW3. So, I doubt that another major hardware upgrade is planned - at least for drive computer.

I think EOQ discount makes sense for given macro-economic conditions. They already discounted MX price twice recently. I doubt they will continue to do that even further (but who really knows?).

All that said, order when you need the vehicle. I just placed an order for a MX with 5700 discount yesterday. Even if they announce a major refresh in a few months (or a price cut) - I will be fine with it.

Osho
I wasn’t really inferring that anything new was coming beyond HW4. What I meant was, it’s odd that with this being new tech they’re already discounting cars that have the new tech in it. You would think they’d wait before adding discounts on these newer models with the upgraded hardware.

Reactions: preilly44
Exactly! It takes engineering several months to design, build, test, scrap, restart and rollout anything new so I don't think anything significant coming this year. They would build SW upon HW4 to enhance and perfect FSD..
Their attention is on design engineering to reduce costs, reduce assembly line and produce faster.. and lets not forget about Cybertruck lol

So I’ve been watching for HW4 models in inventory around Canada for a while and noticed that Model X’s with HW4 at least here and in the US are already receiving discounts of around $5000 USD / $7000 CAD. I understand the EOQ push but with new tech, I can’t help but wonder if another price decrease is coming to the S/X. I have a demo model S pickup today with HW3 that’s discounted $18,000 CAD / $13000 USD… debating if I should just go and reject it and wait.
Go for HW4. Wait it out. I regret not getting the HW4 as well.

Go for HW4. Wait it out. I regret not getting the HW4 as well.
if they cut prices further.. say

Model X down from 99999 to 79999 20 k drop ??, S to 69999 ?? , It seems like a very desperate scenario for them that wouldn't help falling TSLA. It would be great to get IRA tax credit on X and S. so lets see what Elon does lol

Y is already at 52999 and 3 is 42999 ..

The broader economy isn’t doing well and yes the S/X buyers likely to be more insulated from recession but I doubt big ticket items like this will continue at the pace as before. This is going to be longer soft economy with looming recession - consumer confidence will decline and my bet is that the demand will be soft going forward and prices will have to come down.

Reactions: msm859
I wasn’t really inferring that anything new was coming beyond HW4. What I meant was, it’s odd that with this being new tech they’re already discounting cars that have the new tech in it. You would think they’d wait before adding discounts on these newer models with the upgraded hardware.
Tesla treats tech changes as just a normal upgrade. And their costs for V4 is probably similar or even less than for V3 boards made during the pandemic when component prices, shipping, etc. surged up to 200%.

The broader economy isn’t doing well and yes the S/X buyers likely to be more insulated from recession but I doubt big ticket items like this will continue at the pace as before. This is going to be longer soft economy with looming recession - consumer confidence will decline and my bet is that the demand will be soft going forward and prices will have to come down.
And the reality is the X is facing big competition right now. It is called the Y. With the tax incentives the X is almost twice the costs. It is not twice the car. I suspect a lot of people who might have been on the fence are going to buy the Y. And then competition from others are only going to increase. I suspect we will see further price drops and/or greater differential. Perhaps an increase in range is due.

Osho
We got one of the very first Model X with AP3 hardware back in 2019. A couple weeks later, the Raven upgrades all came out so we had one of the few vehicles with AP3 and missing all the other upgrades.

It's quite possible HW4 cars are being discounted because additional cameras or other features are coming soon. Then again, those changes could be years away. 🤷‍♂️

• Helpful
Reactions: maytaurustiger
We got one of the very first Model X with AP3 hardware back in 2019. A couple weeks later, the Raven upgrades all came out so we had one of the few vehicles with AP3 and missing all the other upgrades.

It's quite possible HW4 cars are being discounted because additional cameras or other features are coming soon. Then again, those changes could be years away. 🤷‍♂️
I'm supposed to pick up my HW4 Ultra Red Plaid tomorrow so I expect this to be the case...

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

Thanks for the information! Initially, I had thought getting the HW4 and Phoenix radar would be the most current but I started realizing I might be missing all those additional cameras that people are talking about even with HW4. Thanks for sharing the above info that it may be the case. I bought the car about two weeks ago at no discount or no free 10K supercharging miles either, sigh 😔.