Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 June Model Y horn not working after heavy rain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first time the volume of the horn became lower after I passed through puddles. I am so confused with what happened? The second time the horn even lost sound when I was driving in heavy rain. Does anyone meet the problem? I was told TESLA took off one horn from the upper side and only left one on the lower side. It causes danger when driving on rainy days. I hope TEASLA can set the upper side horn back on MY.

Had the same issue after heavy rains. A construction machine was about to reverse into my car and I just couldn't honk and warn the worker.

Took my car to the service and they said it is normal after heavy rains. Water got inside the horn and it didn't work. It turned back to normal when it is dried. So no honking when it rains :)

• Informative
Reactions: tradosaurus
Had the same issue after heavy rains. A construction machine was about to reverse into my car and I just couldn't honk and warn the worker.

Took my car to the service and they said it is normal after heavy rains. Water got inside the horn and it didn't work. It turned back to normal when it is dried. So no honking when it rains :)

That should not be normal after it rains. I wonder if that is a safety issue that would rise to the level of a complaint with the NHTSA?

IMG_7970.png

Here is the response of the service