Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 M3P 4000 miles computer error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got this message yesterday night and the car is on limp mode. Any suggestions?
How reliable are those cars? This is my first Tesla and I never seen this on a brand-new car.

DIR_a126 Power Reduced
Existing and re-entering vehicle may restore operation

Service appointments only in 2 weeks. Now I have a paper weight.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: KenC
I just got this message yesterday night and the car is on limp mode. Any suggestions?
How reliable are those cars? This is my first Tesla and I never seen this on a brand-new car.

DIR_a126 Power Reduced
Existing and re-entering vehicle may restore operation

Service appointments only in 2 weeks. Now I have a paper weight.

Either your car is over a year old at this point (so not brand new), or you sold that car you posted you got a year ago and got a new one, so this is not your first Tesla.

You posted this here last year, on March 20th of 2023:

Yesterday I pickup my car at Tesla Austin and drove back to Houston using EAP and it is amazing. The best drive experience ever.

View attachment 914205

So, the car isnt "brand new" at least in the way that most people would talk about a brand new car.

As for what to do, if the car is actually a "paperweight" as you say it is, you call roadside assistance and have them tow it to Tesla. If, however, exiting the vehicle and re entering it worked, then you would make an appointment and take it to them at the time of your appointment.

Either your car is over a year old at this point (so not brand new), or you sold that car you posted you got a year ago and got a new one, so this is not your first Tesla.

You posted this here last year, on March 20th of 2023:

So, the car isnt "brand new" at least in the way that most people would talk about a brand new car.

As for what to do, if the car is actually a "paperweight" as you say it is, you call roadside assistance and have them tow it to Tesla. If, however, exiting the vehicle and re entering it worked, then you would make an appointment and take it to them at the time of your appointment.
This is the car I want to mean bought brand new and only 4000 miles.

I made the appointment but it is in 2 weeks. I need to drive the car daily. What do you recommend?

This is the car I want to mean bought brand new and only 4000 miles.

I made the appointment but it is in 2 weeks. I need to drive the car daily. What do you recommend?
if it starts and drives, drive it. If it is a "paperweight" like you said it was, call roadside assistance and get it towed to Tesla.

Reactions: FearL0rd
This is what was wrong with the car. It may help others.
1000143109.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC