Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who ordered on 1/17 is still waiting for VIN? I ordered MYLR black with black 19 inch in NJ and still waiting for VIN
You have plenty of company. I ordered 1/14 MYLR blue/white and still waiting for a VIN. My current EDD is 3/5 - 3/31. I'll probably get an update tomorrow for my 4th EDD and if I don't take delivery by the 17th I'll get a 3rd trade-in quote. On the blue/white thread there are many folks who have taken delivery and who have ordered after me... and I'm a repeat customer. Crazy.

You have plenty of company. I ordered 1/14 MYLR blue/white and still waiting for a VIN. My current EDD is 3/5 - 3/31. I'll probably get an update tomorrow for my 4th EDD and if I don't take delivery by the 17th I'll get a 3rd trade-in quote. On the blue/white thread there are many folks who have taken delivery and who have ordered after me... and I'm a repeat customer. Crazy.
I
Anyone who ordered on 1/17 is still waiting for VIN? I ordered MYLR black with black 19 inch in NJ and still waiting for VIN
I got VIN today finally. I put this post and got VIN in next 20 min. What a luck?

01/17/23: Ordered a white MYLR 5 seater, 20" induction wheels, black interior.
EDD: Feb 18-23
VIN Assigned: 02/01/21
02/10/23: Received Text to schedule delivery. Scheduled delivery on March 1st
02/12/23: App changed delivery date to March 18th. Sent text to Tesla asking why date was changed to March 18th and was told that my vehicle "is still in transit".
I am on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.

Reactions: Dr.O and James2023y
Yes OD 1/17. No VIN

Interesting development: I just changed from MYLR to MYP (white/black) and I got a VIN assigned this morning. I also got a EDD 3/5-3/12. I just scheduled my delivery for 3/8. Paying cash.

Order Date: 1/24 MYLR Black/Black
EDD3: 3/31-5/5
Changed to MYP White/Black 3/4
VIN assigned 3/5
Scheduled for Pickup 3/8
This happened so fast, not sure what to think of this express delivery.

My 4th EDD was just updated at 9AM and changed from 3/5 - 3/31 to 3/14 - 3/31, which is a good indicator that I'll receive a VIN soon. After reading some posts yesterday about folks with January orders getting EDD's updated to April/May, I was afraid that is what my update was going to be this morning. Just like most of you, my goal is to secure the $7,500 FTC.

Reactions: Fratmtes88
OD: 1/20 W, B 19" (no options)
EDD1: 3/13-3/31
VIN 03/02
EDD2: 3/13-3-20
my OD is 1/19 San Diego. MLY5 Blue no other option
Vin received 3/1
Expected delivery 3/13-3/19
Yesterday I sent a message to the 510 number and they told me:
"We currently estimate your vehicles arrival on the 11th.
So, send a message to them to have a better idea of your delivery date.

Reactions: thetuk
Ordered MYLR in white/black with tow receiver 1/26.

Original EDD: Jan-March
As of Feb 1: March 14-30
As of Feb 14: April 9 - May 21
As of Feb 22: April 8 - May 13

Pretty disappointed by the delays. Before ordering the sales rep in Dedham, MA told me they were getting cars in 4 weeks and suggested I would likely receive it in February. It seemed like an amazing deal after the price cuts, anticipating both $7500 federal plus $3500 Massachusetts (which has $55k cap), and the used car market so strong. Not sure I'll be keeping the order if the tax break disappears and/or the used car market crashes before I can take delivery.