Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also hilarious, I got in the car in my garage today and it depicted a semi-truck trailer on top of my hood.
Got this in the driveway one morning...
20230703_044447.jpg

But seriously, how did we all ever manage to drive and park without sensors and radars all over the car?

Got this in the driveway one morning...
View attachment 966475

But seriously, how did we all ever manage to drive and park without sensors and radars all over the car?
Haha, I've gotten a tractor trailer in the garage. Good stuff. This one isn't USS / parking related, but shows how bad vision is. I'm parked behind the line at a light, next to a pickup, and I get this lousy image. Also attached a view with camera by my eye position, so you can see line and screen.

Attachments

• PXL_20230818_202629054.jpg
    PXL_20230818_202629054.jpg
    562.1 KB · Views: 127
  • PXL_20230818_202644684.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230818_202644684.MP.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 113
Tesla rep said sometimes this year the features will be released. lets see when the software update happens
I bought a 2023 Model 3 in November of last year with the expectation of having these features and am very disappointed that Tesla did not notify buyers that they had been removed. They're not coming back unless Tesla reinstalls the USS; they can't program themselves around everything. Even now FSD can't handle getting into a turn lane if there's another turn lane near the target one. Maybe there's not been a class-action lawsuit because there's a sneaky little statement hiding in their webpage: "Some features may not be available in your area."

Tesla rep said sometimes this year the features will be released. lets see when the software update happens
I bought a 2023 Model 3 in November of last year with the expectation of having these features and am very disappointed that Tesla did not notify buyers that they had been removed. They're not coming back unless Tesla reinstalls the USS; they can't program themselves around everything. Even now FSD can't handle getting into a turn lane if there's another turn lane near the target one. Maybe there's not been a class-action lawsuit because there's a sneaky little statement hiding in their webpage: "Some features may not be available in your area."

…but at least in the latest software update you get another game and Bluetooth game controller support. Anyone know of any Bluetooth parking cameras that can be operated off a games controller?

Grow up Tesla, and focus on the things your customers have paid for / care about.

It is very disappointing , I purchased the FSD also because it included everything in the enhanced package. I bought the car in January 2023 and still no self park or auto summon. I agree with 124chase they should have not removed the sensors if they did not have the cameras working to their full potential.

Reactions: 124chase
There is FSDBeta versions out there that work on HW4 (11.4.X). However, they are being kept back from general release. Only employees, internal testers, influencers, early Beta access people have those versions. And a lot of them don't have HW4 cars anyways.
I received the update on 8/31, don't know if most other people received 11.4.4 and 2023.26.11 around the same time. Still nothing for parking nor summons

Reactions: cdub
Living and parking in the EU may be different from the US. All spaces, including parking spaces are much smaller than over in the US.
Especially parking with the front to a wall is difficult. The car tells you, you have driven 1 meter into the wall while in reality there is still 20cm or more to go. Especially difficult are parking spaces at an angle of 45 degrees. I understand Tesla wants to rely on vision, however if the camera's (just like me) cannot see the real distance because the hood is in the way, you have 2 choices: 1) install a camera more to the front of the car that can see in real-time what's happening there, or 2) get the USS back installed!
I really do not understand the st****ty of the decision to remove the USS without a proper alternative. Vision cannot do this, since there is simply no vision close to the front of the car. A $50 USS of $15 camera could fix this however. (The camera might get muddy).

Reactions: ClaytonW
Same here,got my new Model X Plaid 2023 on August 30.Got my FSD back with the update 2023.32.4 but no Auto park and Summon.Any idea when it will be available for new vision based vehicles as sensors are now gone.
It makes me wonder if Tesla will ever bring the Auto park and Summon for cars that do not have the front bumper camera. To this day it irks me that they have decided to only add the front bumper cameras on the cybertruck while their more important vehicles in the S3XY lineup still don't have front bumper cameras even with HW4 installed.

Reactions: AJ.. and iswimslo
love the car definitely an improvement over my 2017 X75.

i have complimentary FSD for 3 months but I can't seem to get auto park for parallel parking to come on?

i know FSD beta isn't available for newly built cars but i read that Tesla Vision for parking was working?

love the car definitely an improvement over my 2017 X75.

i have complimentary FSD for 3 months but I can't seem to get auto park for parallel parking to come on?

i know FSD beta isn't available for newly built cars but i read that Tesla Vision for parking was working?
Did you not read the disclaimer that due to lack of ultrasonic sensors, Autopark is not working yet?

The only feature that is working now is the Park assist.

Living and parking in the EU may be different from the US. All spaces, including parking spaces are much smaller than over in the US.
Especially parking with the front to a wall is difficult. The car tells you, you have driven 1 meter into the wall while in reality there is still 20cm or more to go. Especially difficult are parking spaces at an angle of 45 degrees. I understand Tesla wants to rely on vision, however if the camera's (just like me) cannot see the real distance because the hood is in the way, you have 2 choices: 1) install a camera more to the front of the car that can see in real-time what's happening there, or 2) get the USS back installed!
I really do not understand the st****ty of the decision to remove the USS without a proper alternative. Vision cannot do this, since there is simply no vision close to the front of the car. A $50 USS of $15 camera could fix this however. (The camera might get muddy).
there's the camera at the top of the windshield (in front of the rearview mirror) that provides a better angle and should allow better frontend distance estimates via vision.
but it's unlikely to be better than the USS that was removed, especially in rain or snow.

Did you not read the disclaimer that due to lack of ultrasonic sensors, Autopark is not working yet?

The only feature that is working now is the Park assist.
i think the problem is Tesla's naming for features is confusing.

when i read Park Assist is working I'm assuming that means auto parallel parking but apparently it only means showing the lines around the top down view of the car.

same with FSD i was thinking i was getting the full deal like what Musk demonstrated a few weeks ago but apparently it's just Enhanced Autopilot with stopping at signs and lights. FSD beta is what i was expecting.

their nomenclature isn't very clear.

they should have perfected Tesla Vision before removing the USS.

Hello,

Purchased new 2023 MYLR and transferred the FSD from my 2018 M3LR during purchased.
On Friday, last week, the car downloaded the FSD Beta v11.4.7.2 (2023.27.6) and now I see the FSD version (screenshot) in the car's center console. But, am not seeing the Summon feature in my Tesla's app in my cellphone, is there something I need to do?
Thanks.
fsd.JPG