Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 MYP Tyre Brand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Revising an old thread but: I took delivery (UK) of my MYP back in September 2023 (73 plate). It has the Pirelli P Zero's fitted as above. 255 on the front, 275 on the rear. There's lots of numbers and pictures on the tires and from what I can work out they are classed as Summer tires (albeit very good in the wet). So they sound like a great option for UK weather April through October but how about when temperatures drop and things become slippy?

Revising an old thread but: I took delivery (UK) of my MYP back in September 2023 (73 plate). It has the Pirelli P Zero's fitted as above. 255 on the front, 275 on the rear. There's lots of numbers and pictures on the tires and from what I can work out they are classed as Summer tires (albeit very good in the wet). So they sound like a great option for UK weather April through October but how about when temperatures drop and things become slippy?
like with any other summer tyre

Reactions: boombap
like with any other summer tyre
Yeah ok. I guess I didn't word it particularly well. What I was really asking is whether I am correct in thinking that this is a summer tire? There are other threads which suggested Tesla fit an 'all season' tire and I can't see any marking on it which say either but searching the numbers seems to suggest 'summer'. They could just write that on the tire of course which would be much easier :cool:

Depending on where you are in the country it may or may not be worth investing in anything more than the stock summer tyres. I‘m just outside of London, I did 3 years on the stock Michelin Pilot Sport 4’s on a Model 3 and now on my 2nd winter on the Pirelli P Zero on a MYP.

Apart from one single day 2 years ago in the 3 where I had a bit of fun/brown pants around a few corners in a snow storm that arrived suddenly on my way home, I haven’t felt the need to spend the money. Even that day it was just a bit of a learning experience about regen braking in slippy conditions (ease off slowly), how the AWD handles and the traction control kicks in, but beyond driving slowly/appropriately for the conditions it was fine.

I’m sure one bad winter I’ll temporarily regret that decision, but the weather here is so mild and snow melts so quickly that it just isn’t worth it for me for the one day every 5 years or so that I’d actually need them, we’ve only had about 2 weeks where temperatures have been below 10C so far this winter.

Right now, it’s a bit icy near me but the roads are well gritted and tyres are performing as good as ever - only thing I’ve done is top up the pressures as they lost about 4psi as the temperature fell below 0C, otherwise they’ll get me through to spring with little trouble.

Reactions: MidBaz
Yeah ok. I guess I didn't word it particularly well. What I was really asking is whether I am correct in thinking that this is a summer tire? There are other threads which suggested Tesla fit an 'all season' tire and I can't see any marking on it which say either but searching the numbers seems to suggest 'summer'. They could just write that on the tire of course which would be much easier :cool:
it wil be just a summe tyre.

there is no mandatory requirement for all season or winter tyre in UK therefore u get cars with summer tyres only

Reactions: MidBaz