Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 rattle from the back need help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the heck were you going over train trestles??? LOL

Okay, mine is a 2021, and the rattle that would drive me up the wall was the rear seat belt buckles. But I can't tell what exactly i hear on your vehicle. I got some attachment on Etsy to hold the buckle flat on the seat and rattle went away.

Okay, mine is a 2021, and the rattle that would drive me up the wall was the rear seat belt buckles. But I can't tell what exactly i hear on your vehicle. I got some attachment on Etsy to hold the buckle flat on the seat and rattle went away.

i did. But not help at all. The noises look like coming from the rear door panel , rear seats or the hatch. I do not want to drive it anymore. I took it to SC 3 times still not help at all

Try buckling all the seatbelts in the back to eliminate seat belts. Looks like you might have them buckled in the video. Also the headrests in the back can make noises. Try taking the headrests out if the seatbelts don't resolve it. If it's not the headrests adjust the bump stops on the rear hatch using the envelope method.

Try buckling all the seatbelts in the back to eliminate seat belts. Looks like you might have them buckled in the video. Also the headrests in the back can make noises. Try taking the headrests out if the seatbelts don't resolve it. If it's not the headrests adjust the bump stops on the rear hatch using the envelope method.
After getting a lot of headaches so i found out where the rattle comes from those plastics have a lot of space so added some foam no more rattle

Attachments

• 2EFDA01F-2C0B-49A5-AFB1-4D0DA105394C.jpeg
    2EFDA01F-2C0B-49A5-AFB1-4D0DA105394C.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 357
  • DADA556B-8475-4444-9A53-B2C1D7166EFC.jpeg
    DADA556B-8475-4444-9A53-B2C1D7166EFC.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 230
  • CE908867-9281-4BA4-8A0C-2DBEB73D0EB2.jpeg
    CE908867-9281-4BA4-8A0C-2DBEB73D0EB2.jpeg
    651.6 KB · Views: 226
The bumpstops on the rear hatch can be unscrewed to ensure they make contact with the taillights. Don't put foam there - adjust the tailgate. There are four in total that can be adjusted.

Mine were completely screwed-in at delivery, and none made contact with the body. I don't think they use them in Fremont, but it helps quiet the hatch down a lot when all four are properly adjusted.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
Open your rear doors and wiggle it. It might be the window is loose.
The bumpstops on the rear hatch can be unscrewed to ensure they make contact with the taillights. Don't put foam there - adjust the tailgate. There are four in total that can be adjusted.

Mine were completely screwed-in at delivery, and none made contact with the body. I don't think they use them in Fremont, but it helps quiet the hatch down a lot when all four are properly adjusted.
I did adjust by used the envelope stil didn’t work so that’s why i put the foam

I did adjust by used the envelope stil didn’t work so that’s why i put the foam
Did you put the foam under the plastic? I looked and the plastic does make a noise when tapping against body of car. But the bump stops area doesn't move so something else would have to push on the edges of the plastic to get it to make contact. I was thinking you put some foam under there?

I have the same rattling noise. Went on a ride along with a tech and they said it was coming from the rear hatch somewhere. The car is still at the service center getting other things fixed so I haven't been able to verify it was fixed and what was done.

I had same issue and created a SC appointment. But that was 3 weeks out. I couldn't live with that noise, was driving me nuts. So I decided to take matters in my own hands while I wait for the SC appointment. Watched 10-20 videos online different areas people having similar rattle issues. Just searched Rattle in here and you get lot of results. So started from the front to back on the panel along the ceiling and the side of the seat and any possible areas, ran my hand along with little force and on the side of the rattle noise, heard 2 areas that sounded like clips connecting as if they were loose and causing the panel to rattle. Did the same thing to the rear seats closed them and reopened them and pushed against the lost. Took it for the test drive and no more noise. waiting a week before cancelling the SC appointment so someone else could use the time slot. But I tell you, that sound is so annoying once you catch the attention.

I had same issue and created a SC appointment. But that was 3 weeks out. I couldn't live with that noise, was driving me nuts. So I decided to take matters in my own hands while I wait for the SC appointment. Watched 10-20 videos online different areas people having similar rattle issues. Just searched Rattle in here and you get lot of results. So started from the front to back on the panel along the ceiling and the side of the seat and any possible areas, ran my hand along with little force and on the side of the rattle noise, heard 2 areas that sounded like clips connecting as if they were loose and causing the panel to rattle. Did the same thing to the rear seats closed them and reopened them and pushed against the lost. Took it for the test drive and no more noise. waiting a week before cancelling the SC appointment so someone else could use the time slot. But I tell you, that sound is so annoying once you catch the attention.
Do you mine telling us which panel was causing the issue? Maybe share a photo of the exact piece?

I got my car back from service yesterday and they didn't fix the rattle, even though they said they did.

See attached pictures one was the trim from top to button along the side of the seat and the other on the bottom area by the seat.
PXL_20230209_184505428.jpg
PXL_20230209_184516522.jpg
PXL_20230209_184505428.jpg

Also try and close your rear seats and open them again and pull the back area a little to make sure they lock in the area good once they are fully open

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet