Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 model y front housing camera rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone got my y recently and the front housing camera rattles a lot. I took it the service center it stopped rattling for a couple days and now it is back again. Has anyone fixed this issue with their own DIY method on a 2023 model y?

Got a rattler too. Definitely something inside the forward camera housing is loose.
I'm contemplating on looking inside to fix the rattler DiY, but might risk making the camera off calibration.
Anybody got it fixed?

FWIW when i opened my camera housing, the cabin camera was not fully attached. Is your cabin camera recessed into the housing? maybe its that.

Was actually pretty easy to remove the mirror and pull the housing cover off to take a look. You can sign up to tesla service subscription for free, and the relevant section for just removing the initial cover is here: https://service.tesla.com/docs/Mode...UID-E2662953-7263-4626-848D-425B4B60134B.html

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I've been looking into this too. Random and minor... For now. Might try this once I can confirm the location since it seemed to work for people.

• Informative
My issue at first was one of the clips on the inner housing wasn’t fully seated. This fixed the rattle for a little bit but then it came back. Took it back apart and put a small strip of thin foam tape (was actually the leftover foam tape that came with a set of wheel covers I ordered) at the front edge and now the rattle is gone.

• Informative