Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MORNING CARINA has departed Shanghai South however has not yet updated her AIS destination.
Nevertheless we can take a good guess of it being Suez or maybe Singapore for a refuel. She is due to arrive in Barcelona on 16 Aug.
The chances are that she will have Teslas onboard but I look forward to getting some confirmation.

UPDATE: I note that she has headed back to the Haitong terminal.

Last edited:
Ok thanks, ordered 22nd June, just didn’t realise it would take them 4 weeks from when it arrived in UK
There must of been a ship that’s come in that we’ve missed. Advisor told me weeks ago that the reason they could book my delivery in is due to them already having delivery date to the pick up centre from the transport company. My vehicle wasn’t in the UK but only until recently it’s now in the UK and pick up is currently 9th August. My order date was the 16th May, EDD kept being pushed back due to my spec not being in the country. I know we can’t trust the advisors but with many appearing online for “coming soon” there must of been a ship that’s offloaded some and now they’re transporting to delivery centres.

I doubt it will have anything from Shanghai. Unless of course cars from CRYSTAL RAY which were unloaded in Barcelona (11 Jul) have already made their way to Zeebrugge. I was looking at the Drammen webcam earlier today and there are still plenty of MY on the dockside but the M3s seem to have been moved on.
Talked briefly with Tesla chat, and they told me the car is in transit, and coming by boat.. so really wondering which boat it is hehe:D

There must of been a ship that’s come in that we’ve missed.
That's pretty unlikely in my opinion. If I missed it, others would pick up on it and I would be told.
At the end of Q2 Tesla UK had an unprecedented level of inventory.
At this phase in the quarter there is no need for Tesla to rush deliveries and the extra expense that involves. Rather than booking car transporters for specific moves they can bid for 'dead legs' to move cars out of the docks.

Reactions: lucas5905 and ringi
Talked briefly with Tesla chat, and they told me the car is in transit, and coming by boat.. so really wondering which boat it is hehe:D
So AUTO ACHIEVE arrives in Drammen on 25 Jul - if your car was shipped on CRYSTAL RAY then this is a possible suspect.
Otherwise, you are waiting for HOEGH TRIDENT (if you have a VIN it's easy to check to see if your car is onboard her) or GRANDE MIRAFIORI, GLOVIS COURAGE or GLOVIS SUNRISE.
Sometimes it's helpful to post the first 3 digits of your VIN (not RN!) and your EDD to one of the waiting room boards. You can then get idea of where you are in the delivery queue.

So AUTO ACHIEVE arrives in Drammen on 25 Jul - if your car was shipped on CRYSTAL RAY then this is a possible suspect.
Otherwise, you are waiting for HOEGH TRIDENT (if you have a VIN it's easy to check to see if your car is onboard her) or GRANDE MIRAFIORI, GLOVIS COURAGE or GLOVIS SUNRISE.
Sometimes it's helpful to post the first 3 digits of your VIN (not RN!) and your EDD to one of the waiting room boards. You can then get idea of where you are in the delivery queue.
I suspect it's AUTO ACHIEVE. My EDD at the moment is 28/07 - 12/08.

HOEGH is not, I tried to search based on the VIN, but nothing..

If you talking about Norway waiting room board, then the last post was in January 2023.. so not a not of activity there.

@Mr Miserable MORNING MARGARETA has begun moving, but she is heading west, in the opposite direction of Vancouver.

Do you know why this might be? Is she just maneuvering to get back into an eastbound shipping lane?

1689874008848.png

@Mr Miserable MORNING MARGARETA has begun moving, but she is heading west, in the opposite direction of Vancouver.

Do you know why this might be? Is she just maneuvering to get back into an eastbound shipping lane?

View attachment 958056
She is definitely moving west at 15kts. We shall see if she continues on this course but I have to say it doesn't look good......

She is definitely moving west at 15kts. We shall see if she continues on this course but I have to say it doesn't look good......
I'll keep watching and report back if she changes course or if I find out anything else.

FWIW, the company that owns her lists her current destination as Tacoma on July 27, which would align with what AIS is saying for a July 25 stop in Vancouver.

1689876882304.png