Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
17 Apr 23 Summary

HOEGH COPENHAGEN
ETA Zeebrugge 21 Apr with MS and MX onboard from the USA.
If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

GRANDE HOUSTON ETA Southampton 28 Apr It looks like she does have some Teslas onboard!

MORNING CALYPSO ETA Barcelona 24 Apr Confirmed to have Teslas onboard, currently in the Red Sea heading for the Suez Canal.

GRAND CHAMPION is a Tesla charter and is heading for an EU port.
Either Koper (30 Apr), Barcelona (1 May) or Zeebrugge (6 May). My money is on Zeebrugge.

GOLD KOCHAV is transporting Berlin-built MY to Taiwan (Arr Taipei 10 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI ETA Southampton 19 May. She is currently lurking off the coast. Hasn't loaded yet - due to arrive in Shanghai tomorrow. Very likely to be a Tesla ship.

GRANDE NAPOLI ETA Koper 14 May. Hasn't loaded yet - due to arrive in Shanghai on Wednesday 19 Apr. Very likely to be a Tesla ship.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Hello,

I came across your thread on Tesla shipping, and I noticed that there is a ship, the MORNING CALYPSO, arriving in Barcelona on April 24th, 2023.

I'm expecting the delivery of my Tesla Model 3 RWD between April 28th and May 13th, 2023 in the south of France. I'm wondering if it's likely that my vehicle is on this ship, considering the delivery timeframe. I don't see any other possible carriers with similar dates.

Could you please let me know if the Barcelona port covers deliveries for the southern part of Europe, or should I expect my vehicle to be shipped through Zeebrugge instead?

BoringAsk

Model X Plaid, ordered in November 2021.
As I said in a previous post
There is a ship routing from Baltimore direct to Goteborg - MORNING LAURA should arrive there on 22 Apr. Sadly you can't check whether your car is onboard this ship. I don't actually think your car will be onboard this ship because the dates don't fit too neatly and Goteborg is not a 'Tesla port' but I mention it for the sake of completeness. Having said that, we have seen MS and MX use Rotterdam instead of the more usual Zeebrugge this year.

Quite why there is a bottleneck for cars destined for Sweden at the moment I don't know - you will be aware that @SamXt tracked his VIN across the Atlantic onboard HOEGH TROTTER to Rotterdam. The ship arrived a couple of weeks ago and yet his car is still there!

Reactions: CitizenKane
As I said in a previous post
There is a ship routing from Baltimore direct to Goteborg - MORNING LAURA should arrive there on 22 Apr. Sadly you can't check whether your car is onboard this ship. I don't actually think your car will be onboard this ship because the dates don't fit too neatly and Goteborg is not a 'Tesla port' but I mention it for the sake of completeness. Having said that, we have seen MS and MX use Rotterdam instead of the more usual Zeebrugge this year.

Quite why there is a bottleneck for cars destined for Sweden at the moment I don't know - you will be aware that @SamXt tracked his VIN across the Atlantic onboard HOEGH TROTTER to Rotterdam. The ship arrived a couple of weeks ago and yet his car is still there!

Is there any way to check if a VIN is aboard the Morning Laura? Also any way to check if a VIN was onboard the Hoegh Trotter?

You can watch the GRANDE MIRAFIORI all you like but your car won't be on it. Irish shipments are shipped to Zeebrugge.
First step is to check whether you have a hidden VIN - search the forum on how to do this.
This is the first clue that your car is on the way. You should then come back here and let me know that you have found your hidden VIN.
Hopefully I will then be able to tell you what ship(s) to watch.
I had a look for the hidden VIN and can confirm that nothing is assigned yet.
Your offer of help, should I have found one is very much appreciated though, thank you

Whilst GRANDE MIRAFIORI (Southampton) is loading at Shanghai South and GRANDE NAPOLI (Koper) is waiting patiently off the coast, it looks like GLOVIS CHALLENGE is gatecrashing the party. I don't have an itinerary for her but she certainly looks as though she intends to do some queue jumping. The waters are particularly congested in this neck of the woods and to be doing 17kts around here is unusual and certainly drew my attention.
We shall see what she is up to....

UPDATE: GRANDE NAPOLI is now heading in to Shanghai South (at some speed) and GLOVIS CHALLENGE appears to have screeched to a halt. Order has been restored it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: edan
Whilst GRANDE MIRAFIORI (Southampton) is loading at Shanghai South and GRANDE NAPOLI (Koper) is waiting patiently off the coast, it looks like GLOVIS CHALLENGE is gatecrashing the party. I don't have an itinerary for her but she certainly looks as though she intends to do some queue jumping. The waters are particularly congested in this neck of the woods and to be doing 17kts around here is unusual and certainly drew my attention.
What makes you think the Grande Huston now has Tesla's for the UK? I seem to remember a few posts were you weren't so sure?

Thanks

Ho

UPDATE: GRANDE NAPOLI is now heading in to Shanghai South (at some speed) and GLOVIS CHALLENGE appears to have screeched to a halt. Order has been restored it seems.
How many cars do you think the Grande Mirafiori will hold?

I'll take a seat in this huge waiting room too... ;)
I live in The Hague, The Netherlands.

Ordered on March 25:
MY RWD Midnight Silver 19".
It is a private purchase and I received an RN number immediately.
Expected delivery time April - June (as it still says so on the website).

I received a standard e-mail on 26 March with the next steps to be fulfilled.
March 27 received a personal email from a Tesla Advisor from The Hague with a heartly welcome.
March 27 the delivery date changed to May 4 - June 28

Today I saw in the app that I had to accept an adjustment to my order by logging into my account. It concerned the agreement that was required from me on the Tesla Vision instead of the Ultrasonic sensors.
I receive a new date immediately after the agreement. It is now set to May 2 - May 16.
And just now my account was updated with the final invoice. It now shows my VIN and the delivery date set to May 9....

19 Apr 23 Summary

HOEGH COPENHAGEN
ETA Zeebrugge 21 Apr with MS and MX onboard from the USA.
If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

GRANDE HOUSTON ETA Southampton 28 Apr It looks like she does have some Teslas onboard!

MORNING CALYPSO ETA Barcelona 24 Apr Confirmed to have Teslas onboard, now in the Med.

GRAND CHAMPION is a Tesla charter and is heading for an EU port.
Either Koper (30 Apr), Barcelona (1 May) or Zeebrugge (6 May). My money is on Zeebrugge.

GOLD KOCHAV is transporting Berlin-built MY to Taiwan (Arr Taipei 10 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI ETA Southampton 19 May. She has now departed Shanghai South heading initially for a refuel off Singapore.

GRANDE NAPOLI ETA Koper 14 May. She has arrived at Shanghai South.

MORNING CRYSTAL has departed the Haitong terminal for Brisbane (arr 30 Apr).

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is waiting offshore. I have no idea where she intends to depart to.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: XHabjab

Ordered on March 25:

March 27 received a personal email from a Tesla Advisor from The Hague with a heartly welcome.

Today I saw in the app that I had to accept an adjustment to my order by logging into my account. It concerned the agreement that was required from me on the Tesla Vision instead of the Ultrasonic sensors.
I receive a new date immediately after the agreement. It is now set to May 2 - May 16.
And just now my account was updated with the final invoice. It now shows my VIN and the delivery date set to May 9....
GRAND CHAMPION possibly....

Ordered on March 25:

Did you receive an email that you had to accept an adjustment? Or a notification? Or did you open the app yourself?