Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
07 Apr 23 Summary

GRANDE HOUSTON I can't be sure she is carrying any Teslas (and if she is, it's not likely to be many) however she will end up in Southampton on 28 Apr.

MORNING CALYPSO ETA Barcelona 24 Apr Confirmed to have Teslas onboard, currently heading for the Suez Canal.

GRAND CHAMPION has now departed Shanghai South heading for an EU port, after the traditional refuel off Singapore.
Either Koper (30 Apr), Barcelona (1 May) or Zeebrugge (6 May). My money is on Zeebrugge.

MALAYSIA BRAVE has now pulled in to Shanghai South. She is a smaller ship than the normal 'Panamax' RoRos and is less likely, in my opinion, to be heading to EU or UK. A WuWa video would be welcome! Is she a Tesla ship or is she being used to move those other cars in the compound?

HOEGH COPENHAGEN is heading in to Baltimore, and should depart there on 11 Apr and arrive in Zeebrugge on 21 Apr. If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard. (You may have to wait until the ship has departed).

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Enjoying these updates - thanks a lot.

Spoke with Tesla Ireland today. As mentioned before they expect a shipment to arrive here in approx 2 weeks - apparently from the UK.

They also expect another shipment in May with what they say is approx double the number of cars as was in the last main shipment in February/ March. This would support Grand Champion heading for Zeebrugge.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
07 Apr 23 Summary

GRANDE HOUSTON I can't be sure she is carrying any Teslas (and if she is, it's not likely to be many) however she will end up in Southampton on 28 Apr.

MORNING CALYPSO ETA Barcelona 24 Apr Confirmed to have Teslas onboard, currently heading for the Suez Canal.

GRAND CHAMPION has now departed Shanghai South heading for an EU port, after the traditional refuel off Singapore.
Either Koper (30 Apr), Barcelona (1 May) or Zeebrugge (6 May). My money is on Zeebrugge.

MALAYSIA BRAVE has now pulled in to Shanghai South. She is a smaller ship than the normal 'Panamax' RoRos and is less likely, in my opinion, to be heading to EU or UK. A WuWa video would be welcome! Is she a Tesla ship or is she being used to move those other cars in the compound?

HOEGH COPENHAGEN is heading in to Baltimore, and should depart there on 11 Apr and arrive in Zeebrugge on 21 Apr. If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard. (You may have to wait until the ship has departed).

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.
I’ve got a a vin for MX LR 7 Seat and my car is on hoegh copenhagen. Arrival in Zeebrugge april 21. Delivery in Belgium, No EDD yet. Thanks for all the info @Mr Miserable

MSC IMMACOLATA has performed a number of Tesla charters but she has now changed her name to GOLD KOCHAV. (Catchy,eh?)
It looks very much that she is once again working for Tesla transporting Berlin-built MY to Israel (Arr Ashdod 16 Apr) and Taiwan (Arr Taipei 09 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

I think you can add the Höegh Copenhagen to the list of ships heading to Europe soon.
Got a VIN assigned a few hours ago for my Model S Plaid, delivery in Belgium (ordered November 2022)

Since the car is yet to be shipped, I think it's safe to assume that it will be HW4?

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 23.33.47.png

Last edited:
So looking at the above there isn't anything of note heading to the UK.

Shouldn't there be a number of ships en route given the large number of UK orders?
Not yet.
Firstly, you can see that the UK still has quite a lot of cars in inventory from Q1.
Secondly, it's the 8th of the month and only the 8th day of the new quarter.
Read post #1 to this thread and you will see why I'm saying this.
Having said that, I don't think we will be waiting long for the first UK ship of the quarter, in fact, I think I can see what I suspect will be the vessel preparing to approach Shanghai South now...

Update: As I suspected ASIAN TRUST is definitely making her way to Shanghai South at the moment. What we don't know is her destination.....

Last edited:
I think you can add the Höegh Copenhagen to the list of ships heading to Europe soon.
Got a VIN assigned a few hours ago for my Model S Plaid, delivery in Belgium (ordered November 2022)

Since the car is yet to be shipped, I think it's safe to assume that it will be HW4?

View attachment 926057
Thanks for confirming HOEGH COPENHAGEN to me.
There is light at the end of the tunnel!

So looking at the above there isn't anything of note heading to the UK.

Shouldn't there be a number of ships en route given the large number of UK orders?
UK demand currently seems weak based on Q1 sales numbers (no way to check the actual order book AFAIK), and there's already a large inventory in the country. I'm not surprised Tesla is in no rush to dispatch a UK-bound ship.

Reactions: Leekt0314
Anyone have any clue where the cars from Hoegh Trotter can be? They were unloaded in Rotterdam on 30/3. Waiting for my delivery in Sweden which was pushed till 27/4 - 11/5 now. Seams like a long time to get from Rotterdam to Södertälje.

MALAYSIA GRACE has departed Shanghai South to Japan.
If she was transporting purely Teslas I would have expected her to depart to Yokohama but she is heading to Nagoya.
We shall see if she heads to Yokohama after her stop in Nagoya....
Meanwhile, ASIAN TRUST is manoeuvering to take her place alongside Shanghai South.
I don't have an itinerary for her at the moment....

ASIAN TRUST has only just arrived alongside but already the next ship inbound to Shanghai South is on the horizon - MORNING MENAD will be next!
The good news is that I'm pretty sure this ship is not on Tesla business and should depart to Tacoma USA.
Actually another ship has sneaked in front - MORNING CAMILLA is on her way into Shanghai South!
I'm a little surprised with this as I believe she is heading to South Africa which would possibly indicate she is not on Tesla business.
Alternatively, if she is bound for the UK she could just make it to Southampton in time for Queen Camilla's Coronation but that would be too corny.

09 Apr 23 Summary

GRAND CHAMPION is a Tesla charter and is heading for an EU port, after the traditional refuel off Singapore.

MALAYSIA GRACE departed to Nagoya, Japan . If she heads to Yokohama next she may have Teslas onboard.

ASIAN TRUST is heading to Peru and so is of no interest to us.

MORNING CAMILLA is arriving at Shanghai South. I believe she will be heading to South Africa and so is of no interest to us - unless of course, there has been a change of plan!

MORNING MENAD could be the next ship to arrive at Shanghai South and at the moment I don't have her itinerary.

GOLD KOCHAV is transporting Berlin-built MY to Israel (Arr Ashdod 16 Apr) and Taiwan (Arr Taipei 09 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

HOEGH COPENHAGEN is currently loading in Baltimore, and should depart there on 11 Apr and arrive in Zeebrugge on 21 Apr. If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard. (You may have to wait until the ship has departed).

I haven't set a competition for a while.... I think I feel one coming....

COMPETITION TIME!!

Where will HOEGH COPENHAGEN be at Midday UTC on 16 Apr 23?
She should be sailing between Baltimore (A3) and Zeebrugge (Q0).

Atlantic Major Squares.png

All you have to do is choose a major square and then one of the 25 minor squares within it, that you think the ship will be located in. (I realise they aren't actually square!)

Minor Squares.png

Only 1 entry per person
In the event of a tie, the person who chose the closest small square first will be declared the winner.
The competition will close for entries at Midday UTC on 12 Apr 23

There is no prize - it's just bit of fun!
Results will be announced on the shipping thread on 16 Apr 23.

You don't need to sign in to Google or enter an email address to enter!
BUT please enter your real TMC forum username. Thank you