Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are correct. Until Jan 2021 Teslas were shipped to Ireland via UK, latterly Southampton. Since then they have all been routed via Zeebrugge to Dublin.
Quite frankly I am surprised that this may have reverted.
Tesla told me yesterday the influx of MYs inventory to Ireland are coming from the ship that is due soon to arrive in UK. As usual though, they could be wrong!!

I think it's more likely that there's a smallish vehicle carrier leaving a UK port and heading for Dublin. If the cars never leave the UK port confines, would they be considered as not imported and just transiting? Which port is likely to have received cars recently? Southampton? Is there a carrier leaving there in the next 2 weeks with destination Dublin?

I have no clue, I'm just throwing possibilities around. :)
I'd be really surprised if they had gone back to this model even for just one shipment, as the potential headaches around Brexit, VAT, VRT and import tax would be massive! But also, when needs must...

I wonder what is on the BANGKOK...

@Mr Miserable - not sure it helps, but have been told that Irish orders, which all have an EDD of 19th April to 4th May, are arriving on 2 ships. First one due in Dublin on 19th April and the other in Mid May

In other crazy Tesla news, a number of discounted MY & M3 appeared in inventory earlier this week in Ireland & were hastily snapped up. Tesla are now cancelling all these orders saying it was a pricing error....

Reactions: Dmaurice
Hi Mr Miserable

Well, my suspicions have finally been confirmed. We already have the first ship of this quarter from Shanghai on its way. The Morning Calypso that will arrive in Barcelona around April 22.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-28-16-56-46-86_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-28-16-56-46-86_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 148
An ever helpful WuWa video confirms that MORNING CALYPSO unloaded Mazdas and loaded Teslas whilst alongside Shanghai South. She departed earlier this morning for a refuel off Singapore. Her itinerary is such that the only place she is likely to unload her Tesla cargo is Barcelona on 24 Apr (the itinerary shared above has been updated). I will add her to the tracking map.

The most recent WuWa video shows a growing number of LHD marked for the EU in the compounds and so we should see another EU bound ship in the next few days....

To clarify, how many ships are on the way to the UK?
Ignoring GRANDE CONTONOU which arrived in Southampton today and may have some cars onboard including those bound for Ireland, none.
I suggest you read post #1 to this thread first as that will explain my answer.
Perhaps we may have one in a couple of weeks.....
Check back here regularly. I will be puting out daily summaries when it gets busy.

Reactions: Leekt0314
Ignoring GRANDE CONTONOU which arrived in Southampton today and may have some cars onboard including those bound for Ireland, none.
Check back here regularly. I will be puting out daily summaries when it gets busy.
@MrMiserable is there any where to check a VIN on the Grande Contonou? I was assigned a VIN ( ireland delivery) but according to Tesla my car is not in the UK at present and is currently on route to UK where it will be then shipped to Ireland which is ....odd. I asked them what shipped and was told " I can't discuss that information with you"

Just done it! 4500 cars per ship, who'd have thought!!

Looking forward to the Q2 updates

Thanks

@MrMiserable is there any where to check a VIN on the Grande Contonou? I was assigned a VIN ( ireland delivery) but according to Tesla my car is not in the UK at present and is currently on route to UK where it will be then shipped to Ireland which is ....odd. I asked them what shipped and was told " I can't discuss that information with you"
In a word, no.
At present Hoegh and UECC ships are the only ones with this (fantastic) facility.
The only other ship which is inbound to the UK that might be carrying the Irish cars is GRANDE HOUSTON which will arrive in Southampton on 28 Apr.

Reactions: Sch3cter