Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey @Mr Miserable,

Thanks for the great work and updates.
I've ordered an M3 RWD this week with delivery to Ireland - No VIN yet, just showing a time of April to June for delivery.
Reading through your updates - I'm thinking the next shipment to Ireland will most likely be via HOEGH SHANGHAI which is set to arrive in Zeebrugge on 25 May and then onwards to Dublin via Seine Highway?

Hey @Mr Miserable,

Thanks for the great work and updates.
I've ordered an M3 RWD this week with delivery to Ireland - No VIN yet, just showing a time of April to June for delivery.
Reading through your updates - I'm thinking the next shipment to Ireland will most likely be via HOEGH SHANGHAI which is set to arrive in Zeebrugge on 25 May and then onwards to Dublin via Seine Highway?
Not necessarily although it is a possibility.
The problem Tesla has is getting the ships it needs when it needs to. It's an expensive problem because if they can't charter what they need they have to use scheduled services which cost per car a lot more. HOEGH SHANGHAI is on a scheduled liner service and in the past Tesla have used these services to ship to Zeebrugge but it is not their prime method. There are many other scheduled services Tesla can also use eg DON PASQUALE will shortly dock in Shanghai - she will arrive route to Europe via Thailand 30 Apr , Barcelona 23 May and Southampton 28 May. The good thing about a shipment on a HOEGH ship compared to the others is that we can tell whether a car is onboard or not - all we need is the VIN. When you get your VIN you will know your car is on its way and if you check for it daily (it's hidden initially) then we can have a good guess which ship it's on.
Rule 1 in the waiting game is don't get your hopes up.
Rule 2 is check for your VIN.
Rule 3 is don't expect Tesla to update you.
Rule 4 is enjoy the wait. Watch the YouTube vids, think about the accessories (don't buy too much!), read the shipping thread!
I could go on....

GLOVIS CHALLENGE really isn't hanging around - she's already in the busy Straits of Taiwan and is maintaining 19 kts. Her ETA for Suez is now 9 May which brings forward by 24 hrs my estimates: Barcelona 14 May or Zeebrugge 19 May. We still don't know which and we still only suspect her to be carrying Teslas.

GRANDE NAPOLI meanwhile has taken a somewhat more leisurely route by heading down the eastern coast of Taiwan at a more stately 17kts. The speed difference may not seem much but the fuel consumption increases exponentially which means there must be a very good reason for GLOVIS CHALLENGE's urgency.

• Helpful
Reactions: navguy12
A leasing company ordered a Model 3 (RWD, white, black interior) on 17 April. Dealer is in Belgium (Brussels).
The leasing company gave me an EDD of 15 May / first half of May.

As it's been ordered through a leasing company I doubt that I will get a VIN. Also not sure who to contact? (Dealer or leasing company)

Reading through the comments here, I'm wondering if the EDD of 15 May could be somewhere near realistic?
Or should I better not get up my hopes too much?

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks!

A leasing company ordered a Model 3 (RWD, white, black interior) on 17 April. Dealer is in Belgium (Brussels).

As it's been ordered through a leasing company I doubt that I will get a VIN. Also not sure who to contact? (Dealer or leasing company)

Reading through the comments here, I'm wondering if the EDD of 15 May could be somewhere near realistic?

Thanks!
I’ve ordered my Model Y on November and still haven’t received it (also to be delivered in BE).

I’m afraid it depends on how many of those cars are on the boat and if there’s still one available for you.

Otherwise it will probably be delivered with a next shipment.

Thanks!

I’ve ordered my Model Y on November and still haven’t received it (also to be delivered in BE).

I’m afraid it depends on how many of those cars are on the boat and if there’s still one available for you.

Otherwise it will probably be delivered with a next shipment.
Its worth remembering that Tesla do not build to order - the factory builds what is best for it and then once the cars are loaded on the ship the matching process begins. This is why your local Tesla rep can't tell you when to expect delivery - they don't know what is coming until its loaded on to the ship.

Reactions: ringi

Thanks!
Additionally,

I just checked the Tesla BE website and found a lot of new cars to be ‘soon in stock’ when searching for stock cars.

A lot of them will be in stock @ Zeebrugge, so it seems that there will definitely be a shipment soon.

Its worth remembering that Tesla do not build to order - the factory builds what is best for it and then once the cars are loaded on the ship the matching process begins. This is why your local Tesla rep can't tell you when to expect delivery - they don't know what is coming until its loaded on to the ship.
Indeed, this was frustrating to hear when the delivery was postponed for the second time. There were probably not enough cars available in the Q1 deliveries to deliver mine. So hoping Q2 will bring some good news 😊

This makes sense, but as the Tesla BE website indicates and estimate of April-June (if I would order right now), why wouldn't the sales rep want to be on the safe side and rather announce June instead of 15 May.

Since all ships that could arrive before May 15 in Zeebrugge are on their way, from my reasoning he's quite sure about what is on the way and what he'll get.

If I look at the "coming soon" stock, I don't find the model I ordered anywhere in Belgium right now.

Really confusing :)