Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something which has been nagging me now all weekend: On Friday I saw a truck full with M3s crossing the border from Germany to Belgium.
I don't know how to make sense out of it.
Considering that stock levels in Germany seem higher than in Belgium, could it be that M3s are being relocated from Germany to Belgium?

Is this common practice?

Something which has been nagging me now all weekend: On Friday I saw a truck full with M3s crossing the border from Germany to Belgium.
I don't know how to make sense out of it.
Considering that stock levels in Germany seem higher than in Belgium, could it be that M3s are being relocated from Germany to Belgium?

Is this common practice?
You don't say which border xing but I wonder if they could be coming up from Italy?
GRANDE HOUSTON called at Gioia Tauro last Tuesday and so could be responsible.
I was near Strasbourg a year or so back and saw a truckload of M3 heading north to Luxembourg /Belgium from Koper.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,I have a question, I ordered my MYLR on the 10th of March and I haven't received my VIN yet, what are the chances that my car will be on GRAND CHAMPION Or on one of the ships that have left Shanghai?
I’m in Dublin. Thanks

You don't say which border xing but I wonder if they could be coming Italy?
GRANDE HOUSTON called at Gioia Tauro and could be responsible.
I was near Strasbourg a year or so back and saw a truckload of M3 heading north to Luxembourg /Belgium from Koper.
Sorry, was assuming it was clear... it's because I live in this part :)

There is only one highway that directly connects Germany with Belgium: It's this one here and also the part where I saw the fully loaded M3 truck coming from Germany to Belgium.

23 Apr 23 Summary

MORNING CALYPSO
ETA Barcelona tomorrow. Confirmed to have Teslas onboard.

GRANDE HOUSTON ETA Southampton Tuesday 25 Apr 17:00 Confirmed to have some Teslas onboard! She is now routing direct to Southampton and so will now arrive 3 days ahead of her original schedule! Currently routing north along the Iberian coast.

MORNING CRYSTAL ETA Brisbane 30 Apr.

HOEGH MANILA ETA Rotterdam 1 May. MS and MX onboard from the USA.
If you are in the EU and are waiting for a new MS or MX and you have received your VIN, you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

GRAND CHAMPION is a Tesla charter and is heading for an EU port.
Either Koper (30 Apr), Barcelona (1 May) or Zeebrugge (6 May). My money is on Zeebrugge.
Currently in the Red Sea.

GOLD KOCHAV is transporting Berlin-built MY to Taiwan (Arr Taipei 10 May).
She then heads to Shanghai hopefully to return to Europe with Chinese-built Teslas.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI ETA Southampton 19 May. She is currently in the South China Sea heading initially for a refuel off Singapore.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE has departed Shanghai South and is heading for Suez. My guess would be that if she is a Teslas ship she is heading for Barcelona. In which case we are looking at an ETA of around 14 May.

GRANDE NAPOLI ETA Koper 14 May. A confirmed Tesla ship, she appears to have resumed her voyage. She is going direct to Suez.

HOEGH SHANGHAI has just departed Taicang. She is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 25 May. We don't yet know whether she has Teslas onboard but the good news is that we can check if any Teslas have been loaded onboard her once the VINs have been allocated.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Reactions: XHabjab
I'm in a similar case.
Does the car appear in your Tesla account?

NB: I received a Tesla email (to reset my password) the day the car got ordered, but I don't see the car under my account.
Indeed,

The car was ordered by the lease company and needs to be ‘assigned’ to your account when you pick it up. My colleague got his Tesla lest year and went through the process of ‘I bought the car from a third party’.

We won’t be able to check our hidden VIN because it will be assigned to the lease company’s account.

Unfortunately, we are completely depending on the dealership to inform us.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: thenightrain
MORNING CALYPSO ETA Barcelona tomorrow. Confirmed to have Teslas onboard.

GRANDE HOUSTON ETA Southampton Tuesday 25 Apr 17:00 Confirmed to have some Teslas onboard! She is now routing direct to Southampton and so will now arrive 3 days ahead of her original schedule! Currently routing north along the Iberian coast.
From experience, will they just stop at these ports and go back? Or is there any chance they will continue to Zeebrugge?

O
Or given my 15/03 order date will I be bumped into Q3?
I would say it's simply logistics. If the boat is docking at Southampton on 19th (and it may be delayed so Tesla have to factor this in), it'll take one day to unload then they have to transport the cars around the UK. It may take a few days to get the transporters ready and loaded then a day or two to get them up North. I would be very surprised if you don't make Q2. Mine is via salary sacrifice / lease company as well so I can't get any updates much like you. It's just a waiting game.

Reactions: Leekt0314
I would say it's simply logistics. If the boat is docking at Southampton on 19th (and it may be delayed so Tesla have to factor this in), it'll take one day to unload then they have to transport the cars around the UK. It may take a few days to get the transporters ready and loaded then a day or two to get them up North. I would be very surprised if you don't make Q2. Mine is via salary sacrifice / lease company as well so I can't get any updates much like you. It's just a waiting game.
To back up wookie’s theory my delivery date is the 6th of may yet I know the boat is docking in the uk tomorrow, the initial dates were probably a best guess based on the ship being booked to transport plus 4-6weeks for shipping, now the boat is underway they are probably starting to book logistics this end meaning they can be more exact. Based on what I have experienced and seen so far I’d guess you will get a message for delivery about 2 weeks out

Reactions: Leekt0314
No mine is a company car order, iv just checked with Tesla and I've been allocated

Reactions: wookie