Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
if my car was born on June 21st, does this mean its not on the VIKING SEA?

Attachments

• A5417C9E-0ABE-431E-A61B-DDBF4F51E127.jpeg
    A5417C9E-0ABE-431E-A61B-DDBF4F51E127.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 110
Hello!

It seems I'm facing a weird case today... I have a Model S LR Red Ultra on order and I've been assigned a VIN around a month ago. Today was supposed to be the delivery day, everything is paid etc..

Unfortunately, showing up to the Delivery Center, the car was not there. I've been told the appointment was cancelled (although no notification received) and that I will hear more when the car is arrived.

It seems weird to me for many reasons... entering my assigned VIN into a decoder, it says the model year is 2023 (Was ultra red even a color in 2023? is the vin decoder wrong ?).

I'm increasingly confused and fear the worse coming (i.e. was the car damaged during transport hence the delay?!)

If any of you have insight or ideas on what could happen here.. let me know, I have tried to call/email tesla but no responses.. of course.

Hey, I'm new(ish) here. I used the 2019/20 thread to help track my M3 SR+ come to the UK.

I've got a MY RWD on order with Tesla now who say the ETA is June/July. June feels abit optimistic given there is no inventory cars (black exterior / black interior / 19" wheels). Please can someone help give an approx view on when the next ship is due to the UK?

Hey, I'm new(ish) here. I used the 2019/20 thread to help track my M3 SR+ come to the UK.

I've got a MY RWD on order with Tesla now who say the ETA is June/July. June feels abit optimistic given there is no inventory cars (black exterior / black interior / 19" wheels). Please can someone help give an approx view on when the next ship is due to the UK?
Welcome back!
I'm not sure whether any RWD MY were offloaded from GRANDE TORINO yesterday.
What I can say is that the latest hike in interest rates and its knock-on to mortgage rates, has affected a mate of mine who now can no longer afford to buy the similarly priced Polestar he had set his heart on, and I suspect he will not be alone. So I reckon Tesla may also see a higher proportion of sales fall through. The Polestar deposit was £1000 whereas the Tesla deposit is just £200. I suggest folk are more likely to cancel when the deposit is at such a low figure. (I'm pretty sure it was £2000 when I ordered my M3 in 2019) So there may still be a chance to get a delivery before the end of the month.

The next ship is CRYSTAL RAY which is heading to Barcelona (arr 9 Jul) and may carry on to Southampton afterwards (say 14 Jul).

Tesla UK are still offering 3 years free supercharging if you take delivery of a LHD MS/MX by 30 Jun.
The trouble is that they say the offer is withdrawn if Tesla can't deliver by 30 Jun, which seems a little unfair to me.
I have failed to identify the ship being used to transport these cars to UK/EU, if they have shipped.

Welcome back!
I'm not sure whether any RWD MY were offloaded from GRANDE TORINO yesterday.
What I can say is that the latest hike in interest rates and its knock-on to mortgage rates, has affected a mate of mine who now can no longer afford to buy the similarly priced Polestar he had set his heart on, and I suspect he will not be alone. So I reckon Tesla may also see a higher proportion of sales fall through. The Polestar deposit was £1000 whereas the Tesla deposit is just £200. I suggest folk are more likely to cancel when the deposit is at such a low figure. (I'm pretty sure it was £2000 when I ordered my M3 in 2019) So there may still be a chance to get a delivery before the end of the month.

The next ship is CRYSTAL RAY which is heading to Barcelona (arr 9 Jul) and may carry on to Southampton afterwards (say 14 Jul).
Interest rates are currently at 4.9% for PCP. Do you think they will increase and will it effect those that have completed finance application but haven’t taken delivery of their vehicle yet? Thanks

Interest rates are currently at 4.9% for PCP. Do you think they will increase and will it effect those that have completed finance application but haven’t taken delivery of their vehicle yet? Thanks
I'm not sure - that rate has been fixed for some time now and we didn't see any increases when the Bank previously did the dirty. On the other hand you could argue that it is overdue to be increased and not by just by half a percent!

Reactions: Temboa
CRYSTAL RAY is currently in the Arabian Sea heading for the Gulf of Aden.
Unfortunately the Indian monsoon season has kicked-off and there is some pretty choppy weather in her path and she will be battened down for the next couple of days. You may see her speed drop from the current 15 kts and her dynamic ETA for Suez increase accordingly - I wouldn't be too concerned as she has ample opportunity to make up for any lost time as she transits the Gulf of Aden and Red Sea. The good news is that the likelihood of a pirate attack in this high risk area during these weather conditions is pretty much nil.

Heyyyy!! Me too!

I have a MY RWD (Blue exterior/Black interior/EAP) on salary sacrifice lease. Don't have much information from Tusker aside from "soon".

Hope it's on a ship already 😅