Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any info on ships heading to UK Southampton for July?

Unlikely.

UK-bound cars will start into production (in China) when manufacture for local market cannot complete a sale before the end of quarter accounting period (end June). Once a boat load is completed ... earliest would be 1st week of July - the ship will set sail and take a month to get here.

That boat will contain whatever the factory produced - large batches of THIS model in THIS colour / trim. So a match for your option-choices might be on that boat ... or on a later boat (assuming no one ahead of you in the queue, for that combination)

VINs are allocated to customers roughly when the boat gets to Suez

Got my UK VIN assigned last night with EDD updated to 08-23rd July so definitely looks like we are seeing vehicles in transit over the end of a quarter for the first time.

Hopefully Crystal Ray turns out to be the one, looks about right from the dates.
I also got mine with an updated EDD of 7 - 22nd July. Aligns with CRYSTAL RAY, hopefully it’s the one.
VIN doesn’t return anything on cargo. Do we know when we can check this?

I note that HOEGH TRIDENT has just departed Taicang for Zeebrugge (via a refuel stop off Singapore).
Normally at this time in the quarter I would say it would be unlikely to be carrying any Teslas however with CRYSTAL RAY and VIKING SEA at sea over the quarter-end that presumption may no longer be valid.
The good news is that, because it is a Hoegh vessel, once VINs have been found/allocated they can be checked HERE to see whether the car is onboard, or not. Please post on this thread if you found your VIN onboard!
ETA Zeebrugge 22 Jul

Sales have just told me that the vehicle was automatically assigned in the system so it had to be unassigned as it won’t come before end of Q. Likely will have one reassigned start of July. Does this is sound right?
I guess it’s relatively new territory for Tesla spanning a quarter, they seem to make such a big deal about it. But yes mine is the same VIN has gone as have payment details etc