Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$136,000 per year, plus benefits and pension. Wage rose by 40 per cent in 13 years, ahead of inflation at 30 % and increased by 10% over the last 3 years of the pandemic. It's not a government job yet they're being paid as one while all they do is carry a few boxes and gets a 2 hour paid break for an 8 hour shift. Not to mention you don't even need a college or university degree for this kind of job. They make nearly 3x as much money than an average port worker in the U.S. makes while carrying less boxes. These BC port workers are spoiled brats. Now all the Canadians have to wait an extra few weeks for their Tesla when they need it for the summer

Last edited:
$136,000 per year, plus benefits and pension. Wage rose by 40 per cent in 13 years, ahead of inflation at 30 % and increased by 10% over the last 3 years of the pandemic. It's not a government job yet they're being paid as one while all they do is carry a few boxes and gets a 2 hour paid break for an 8 hour shift. Not to mention you don't even need a college or university degree for this kind of job. They make nearly 3x as much money than an average port worker in the U.S. makes while carrying less boxes. These BC port workers are spoiled brats. Now all the Canadians have to wait an extra few weeks for their Tesla when they need it for the summer
I agree with you, to an extent. But come on, "carry a few boxes" is a little bit of an oversimplification, no? 🤣
These guys operate heavy machinery and work with heavy containers all day, among other things - they do deserve to be fairly compensated for their work.

However, remember that there are two sides slinging mud here - the employers association threw out the $136K figure. I would think that only the established guys make that much, and the low-level grunts don't make nearly as much money. But I am also biased towards unions in general, because they often come across as extremely entitled, so neither side are saints in this.

And speaking of entitlement/'spoiled brats', what about each of us (including me) being extremely patient for their precious Teslas? 😇 (Just pulling your leg, LOL)

Regardless, I would hope that the federal gov't is weighing the cost of this strike on the Canadian economy the longer it drags on. If the two sides aren't willing to work with one another, then they need to consider stepping in - hopefully before this entitled brat's vehicle comes in on the next boat!! 😁
how long will it take to get delivered to Canada if it goes to the Tacoma port?
I would expect at least another week's delay, possibly longer. It depends on how busy the Tacoma port is, plus needing to arrange U.S. Customs clearance and ground transportation for the cargo once it's unloaded.

Reactions: navguy12
June 6th. MYLR black with tow hitch
That is a huge range...either your car is on the next boat after MORNING MARGARETA, or they're allowing for a lot of buffer time for the port strike and/or ground transport after the car is unloaded.
Hopefully it'll adjust after the strike. I'm also on ontario, so shipping time across the country also

Reactions: CaptStealthy
SUMMARY 04 Jul 23

VIKING SEA
has dropped anchor south of Vancouver Island and will wait for the strike to conclude.

MORNING MARGARETA is on her way to New Westminster ETA 15/16 Jul

GRANDE MIRAFIORI is currently alongside Shanghai South. I expect her to head to Southampton ETA around 30/31 Jul.

CRYSTAL RAY should arrive at Suez tomorrow. She is bound for Barcelona ETA 9 Jul (and the hope is Southampton afterwards.)

GLOVIS CLIPPER departed Pier 80 San Francisco bound for Taiwan ETA 17 Jul.
So nothing on the works for Israel?

Today Tesla told me on the phone that a boat with cars is expected at 11 July, so this would possibly be Zeebrugge? After that delivery in the Netherlands within 1/2 weeks. Already received an expected VIN.
Tesla who? Your own SeC or did you call Tilburg? They don't tell me anything, only that I have an expected VIN and delivery should take this month.

I see a lot of forummers (at Tweakers) who already got a delivery date for next week.