Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, everyone!!

A very reliable source in the port of Barcelona has just sent me the report of the unloading of the Crystal Ray. I confirm that it brings 4220 cars, 3458 MY and 762 M3.

I don't know if it brings more RHD cars and if it will head towards the UK.

Greetings 😁✌️

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_183111.jpg
    IMG_20230704_183111.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 190
Hello, everyone!!

A very reliable source in the port of Barcelona has just sent me the report of the unloading of the Crystal Ray. I confirm that it brings 4220 cars, 3458 MY and 762 M3.

I don't know if it brings more RHD cars and if it will head towards the UK.

Greetings 😁✌️
Great find - thanks for posting it.
Since CRYSTAL RAY is a standard Panamax size ship, this represents a full load.
I can't see her having any space for a UK shipment as well.

Great find - thanks for posting it.
Since CRYSTAL RAY is a standard Panamax size ship, this represents a full load.
I can't see her having any space for a UK shipment as well.
If Crystal Ray doesn’t carry any UK shipments, where are the end of July deliveries coming from that seem to have been popping up over the last few days? Mine is end of July - 2nd Aug, so assuming mines on the one departing Shanghai!

If Crystal Ray doesn’t carry any UK shipments, where are the end of July deliveries coming from that seem to have been popping up over the last few days? Mine is end of July - 2nd Aug, so assuming mines on the one departing Shanghai!
I was told by the Tesla rep that the car assigned to me was already in Birmingham waiting. They would just need to arrange transport.
And later that day got delivery confirmed for the 26th. So I think maybe there was still some UK stock? From some cancelled orders or something?

Don't know why they need 3 weeks to bring the car from Birmignham to Leicester tho :D
Wonder if I can call and ask to pick it up sooner?

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkBT20
I was told by the Tesla rep that the car assigned to me was already in Birmingham waiting. They would just need to arrange transport.
And later that day got delivery confirmed for the 26th. So I think maybe there was still some UK stock? From some cancelled orders or something?

Don't know why they need 3 weeks to bring the car from Birmignham to Leicester tho :D
Wonder if I can call and ask to pick it up sooner?
Yes, I too was wondering where they were coming from got my delivery date on the 22nd July, so just assumed it’s on Crystal Ray🤷‍♂️

Yes, I too was wondering where they were coming from got my delivery date on the 22nd July, so just assumed it’s on Crystal Ray🤷‍♂️
At least mine is already in Birmingham. I haven't got the VIN yet either, I think it's because it's a Lease?

But yeah I don't think yours is on Crystal Ray either. Probably already in the UK, from some stock left over, or some cancelled orders

At the moment I don't know - CRYSTAL RAY seemed to fit nicely and nothing else is springing to mind as a possible alternative.
There is one ship which at present I don't know where in Europe she is heading - TONGALA which should pass through the Suez Canal on Saturday.
Other possible suspects, GRANDE COTONOU and UNDINE arrive quite late in the month (27 and 24 Jul respectively).
GRANDE MIRAFIORI is just departing from Shanghai South and I don't reckon she will arrive in Southampton until 30/31 Jul.
She has posted an ETA for Suez of 26 Jul which makes her the original slow boat from China. That would make her ETA for Southampton to be 4 Aug or thereabouts.

VIKING SEA has dropped anchor south of Vancouver Island and will wait for the strike to conclude.
Looks like she's still anchored in the same spot - that's a common area for ships to await Customs clearance, but it could also mean she's cleared Customs already but just can't move until the strike is resolved.

Unless she magically raises anchor and sets sail for one of the ports, those with vehicles onboard might be waiting for a while. :(

At the moment I don't know - CRYSTAL RAY seemed to fit nicely and nothing else is springing to mind as a possible alternative.
There is one ship which at present I don't know where in Europe she is heading - TONGALA which should pass through the Suez Canal on Saturday.
Other possible suspects, GRANDE COTONOU and UNDINE arrive quite late in the month (27 and 24 Jul respectively).
GRANDE MIRAFIORI is just departing from Shanghai South and I don't reckon she will arrive in Southampton until 30/31 Jul.
She has posted an ETA for Suez of 26 Jul which makes her the original slow boat from China. That would make her ETA for Southampton to be 4 Aug or thereabouts.
Good afternoon Mr. Miserable.

The Tongala will head towards the port of Barcelona once it crosses the Suez Canal. It is expected to arrive on July 11. This ship was in the north port of Shanghai for 11 hours.

I don't know where she will go once she passes through Barcelona.

Attachments

• IMG_20230705_212119.jpg
    IMG_20230705_212119.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Mr Miserable
Looks like she's still anchored in the same spot - that's a common area for ships to await Customs clearance, but it could also mean she's cleared Customs already but just can't move until the strike is resolved.

Unless she magically raises anchor and sets sail for one of the ports, those with vehicles onboard might be waiting for a while. :(
I think she still hasn't cleared customs yet since that area is only designated for customs only so once you finish customs, you have to move somewhere else. I assume since there are so many ships in front of her because of the strike, they're still inspecting other ships first and they haven't boarded the VIKING SEA yet.

Reactions: CaptStealthy