Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SUMMARY 11 Jul 23

CRYSTAL RAY
has finally docked in Barcelona. She has 3458 MY and 762 M3 to unload.

VIKING SEA remains in a sheltered anchorage off Vancouver Island and is clearly waiting for the port strike to conclude.

MORNING MARGARETA is on her way to New Westminster ETA 15/16 Jul.

HOEGH TRIDENT arrives Zeebrugge 23 Jul with confirmed MY and M3 onboard.
If you have your VIN, check to see if your car is onboard a Hoegh ship by entering your VIN HERE.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI I suspect she is bound for Southampton ETA probably around 4 Aug.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug).

GLOVIS COURAGE is currently alongside Shanghai South. Her destination remains unknown but we can be reasonably confident it won't be Canada!

GLOVIS SUNRISE should be the next ship to load at Shanghai South.

GLOVIS CLIPPER departed Pier 80 San Francisco bound for Taiwan ETA 17 Jul.

MALAYSIA GRACE departed Shanghai South for Nagoya, which I normally associate with Toyota. So she may not be carrying Teslas.

You can follow the ships on this map where the ships positions are updated regularly via satellite.
Hi there, I have a EDD of the 29th July provided last week for a M3 RWD RHD. GRANDE MIRAFIORI looks like it may be too late for that date. VIN received this week and estimated build date was late may/early june. Any thoughts which ship it could be on? Thanks

Update: I have a VIN for Model S LR in Belgium, Sales advisor said it was waiting in Baltimore (I have the VIN since early June) and delivery planned mid-August now.
Good morning, have you tried looking for your car by VIN in the Hoegh search engine?

The Hoegh New York just got out of Baltimore. Its itinerary is Goteborg July 24, Bremerhaven July 26 and Antwerp July 29.

This is the link. My cargo | Höegh Autoliners

Just had my delivery text arranged for 3rd Aug - pretty sure mine is on Grande Mirafiroi, so assuming that arrives at Southampton prior to the 3rd, or delivery will be pushed a day or two!

Either way, ordered late June and expected delivery for 3rd Aug is great in my opinion!

In note that GLOVIS COURAGE has departed Shanghai South and is probably bound for EU (Koper/Barcelona/Zeebrugge). Watching for a VIN shower....

Additionally I see MALAYSIA GRACE has left Nagoya and is heading for Yokohama. This is the port Tesla historically uses for Japanese shipments and so this may well turn out to be a Tesla shipment.

@Mr Miserable This may be too soon to celebrate, but late yesterday evening, news came down that the Canadian federal Minister of Labour appointed a mediator to recommend terms of a settlement to the Vancouver strike within 24 hours (so, by tonight). The union and employers would then have another 24 hours to decide whether to accept and ratify those terms.

It's unclear what the government will do if the deal is rejected by either side, but it's a glimmer of hope, at the very least.

I had a question for you though - and you may not know the answer, but you are way more knowledgeable about marine operations than I am, so I feel like you're better equipped to hazard a guess.

If the strike is miraculously resolved in the next 24 to 36 hours, there will obviously be a period of time required for port operations to get running again. But in terms of clearing the backlog of ships currently waiting, do you think they would go 'first come first serve', or are they more likely to unload ships based on how quickly that cargo can be put onto trucks or trains?

I ask because, looking at the map on VesselFinder, I can see a few vehicles carriers waiting off the coast of Vancouver (in order of originally planned arrival date):
  • VIKING SEA
  • LAPIS ARROW
  • HEROIC ACE* (diverted to Seattle, unknown if she'll come back)
  • GLOVIS SPLENDOR
  • VIKING QUEEN
  • MORNING MARGARETA
    • This one hasn't arrived yet, but she's due to arrive on Sunday
I guess my question is more around the fact that only VIKING SEA and MORNING MARGARETA will be carrying Tesla vehicles. The Port of Vancouver has two auto terminals, one in Richmond and one on Annacis Island in Delta/New Westminster.

Are they likely to unload the two Tesla ships in sequence (either before or after the other car carriers) and get all the vehicles onto trains in a combined fashion?

Last edited: