Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She is definitely moving west at 15kts. We shall see if she continues on this course but I have to say it doesn't look good......
Aaaand now she's come to a stop again. I just don't get it. 😐

Me when watching MORNING MARGARETA compared to all the other cargo ships just happily sailing to their destinations...

7t7rzj.jpg

This tweet from the other day gives a good TL;DR, lol

The latest update is that the ILWU released a statement saying they've "reached" a tentative agreement, and their leadership caucus will vote on it today. If approved, it will likely go to a full membership vote next week for ratification. If that vote passes, the dispute will officially be over.

Meanwhile, MORNING MARGARETA is still stopped a few hundred miles off the coast of Vancouver. I talked to VesselFinder staff, and they can't say for sure, but they think the most likely scenario (given the traffic levels around the west coast) is that her crew is waiting for permission to enter the waterways around Vancouver.

Hopefully we see some movement from her either over the weekend, or Monday morning. 🤞

Last edited:
@Mr Miserable Hopefully it sticks this time...B.C. port workers union leadership has approved the settlement, and is recommending the union membership ratify it.

The deal will be presented to union membership on Tuesday, with a ratification vote to follow later in the week, I presume.

Hopefully we start to see MORNING MARGARETA get moving again over the weekend!

That's a long time for a ship that's waiting off the coast of Vancouver Island.

Mine is still July 24 - Aug 7, and my car is on MORNING MARGARETA...
This is not impressed,roast to tesla

My M3 was ordered from inventory "coming soon"thought it's on the way,called them last week saying it's in transit it's on the boat,if it's not on Morning Margareta I think it's not on the boat yet isn't it,feel weird about the EDD if is on Aug 38-Sept 5 I think it wasn't on the boat last week

My M3 was ordered from inventory "coming soon"
There's quite a few M3's in inventory in AB, what config are you looking for?

If you want it sooner, get your order swapped to another vehicle with a sooner build date.

Anything before June 19 should have been on VIKING SEA and coming soon. Vehicles built at the end of June should be on MORNING MARGARETA.

Anything before June 19 should have been on VIKING SEA and coming soon. Vehicles built at the end of June should be on MORNING MARGARETA.
You could be right but there’s also the possibility that everything on VIKING SEA as well as MORNING MARGARETA were built in roughly the same batch. Remember the WuWa video that showed thousands of cars waiting to load at the terminal, then VIKING SEA only loaded an estimated 250 cars. My belief is that somebody got wind of a pending strike at the Vancouver docks and tried to hustle a partial load before the strike hit… and missed the cut.

Your theory and mine are just ideas and one could be right or both could be wrong (but I think mine more likely).

Reactions: CaptStealthy