Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the indications, including yours, suggest GLOVIS COURAGE is heading for Koper.
There isn't a method to check whether your car is on a Glovis vessel.
Thanks a lot! And do you know whether Glovis Sunrise is heading to Koper as well?

Just a question out of a curiosity - what is that we don’t know what is the final destination of the vessels? For example on the flight radar, we can see much more info about the planes, but why they don’t share more info about vessels as well? How does it work that destinations are changing like that?

Thanks a lot!

@Mr Miserable the Morning Margareta seems to have re-directed to Tacoma for July 25th arrival. Do you think they’d drop off all the Teslas in Tacoma and ship them to Canada from there? Or would they stop there first and then go to Canada? It’s completely taken off the Canadian schedules.
Credit to @badgamer.yyz for seeing it first, but after doing another westbound loop, MORNING MARGARETA is now at 17 knots, on a direct course to the Juan de Fuca Strait, which is the waterway that lies between the Pacific Ocean and the Canadian and US PNW ports. Assuming she doesn't come to a stop again, of course.

Whether she's going to Vancouver or Tacoma, we'll find out soon enough, hopefully!

Thanks a lot! And do you know whether Glovis Sunrise is heading to Koper as well?

Just a question out of a curiosity - what is that we don’t know what is the final destination of the vessels? For example on the flight radar, we can see much more info about the planes, but why they don’t share more info about vessels as well? How does it work that destinations are changing like that?

Thanks a lot!
AIS shows the next stop which in the case of Tesla ships from Shanghai may be Singapore or Suez. Once the AIS destination changes after Suez then we know where in EU/UK the ship is heading. Barcelona normally updates its arrivals board at least 10 days before a ship's arrival, Koper about 5 and Southampton 5 days also. Zeebrugge no longer publish their arrivals. Many car carriers run scheduled liner services which Tesla often use to supplement their whole-ship ship charters. This is why some ships have their itineraries published whereas a charter may not.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
Credit to @badgamer.yyz for seeing it first, but after doing another westbound loop, MORNING MARGARETA is now at 17 knots, on a direct course to the Juan de Fuca Strait, which is the waterway that lies between the Pacific Ocean and the Canadian and US PNW ports. Assuming she doesn't come to a stop again, of course.

Whether she's going to Vancouver or Tacoma, we'll find out soon enough, hopefully!
The schedule for the Port of Tacoma has been updated - MORNING MARGARETA is indeed expected to dock there tomorrow morning at 0500 😞
On the bright side though, it leaves 13 hours later at 1800.

Hopefully she still makes her way to Vancouver and is able to unload our Teslas on Wednesday or Thursday 🤞

MORNING MARGARETA has finally declared her destination to be Tacoma.
Do you anticipate that she could head back to Vancouver afterwards? The Tacoma schedule says she's only due to be there for 13 hours, which is not a huge amount of time. She initially sailed to Shanghai from Korea, so possibly also carrying Kia/Hyundai vehicles destined for the U.S.?

Or could we possibly see her unload Canadian vehicles onto U.S. soil? Given the short stay in SeaTac, I doubt it, personally...

Morning margareta 1min ago

Screenshot_20230724_235303_Chrome.jpg

SUMMARY 23 Jul 23

MORNING MARGARETA
was on her way to New Westminster, Canada. Holding well offshore. I have no idea when she will dock although she is showing on the Tacoma arrivals board for a 27 Jul arrival.

HOEGH TRIDENT has now arrived in Zeebrugge from Shanghai with confirmed MY and M3 onboard.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI She is due to arrive in Barcelona on 28 Jul. (Southampton afterwards??)
As predicted on this thread, she has now 'reappeared' in the Red Sea heading for Suez.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug). She has 'gone dark' ie switched off her AIS transponder as she transits what some regard as a high risk area. I'm not expecting her to magically 'reappear' in the Red Sea until around Wednesday at the earliest.

GLOVIS COURAGE heading for Suez.
Revised estimates for possible destinations are:
Koper 5 Aug, Barcelona 6 Aug, Southampton 10 Aug or Zeebrugge 11 Aug. (Koper looks likely)

GLOVIS SUNRISE is also heading to EU. She is effectively 2 days behind GLOVIS COURAGE for timings.

MORNING CARINA She departed Shanghai on 21 Jul and will arrive in Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug
I'm not yet convinced she is carrying Teslas.
Today my edd got updated to 21 Aug to 11 Sep (Netherlands). So probably Morning Carina?

MORNING MARGARETA has finally declared her destination to be Tacoma.
Update to this - she has arrived at Tacoma this morning, and she's being tugged into a pier literally as I'm typing this post.

The Tacoma port schedule has her slated to depart by 1800 PDT (0100 UTC) for Vancouver.

The Vancouver schedule lists a tug order to tow her to an anchorage point (English Bay) in Vancouver harbour tonight at 0100 PDT, but the exact time depends on when she arrives from Tacoma.

We don't know how long it will take for her to clear Customs in Canada and get taken into a pier to unload, but we should get more information about that in the next 24 hours or so.

From the ship radar I see that Glovis Courage has a delay of 2 days for some reason arriving to Suez, so you know why it might be or if it’s true? She’s going only like 13 knots now for some reason
It's the monsoon season and the Arabian Sea can be pretty rough at this time of the year.
She has plenty of opportunity to make up for lost time when she gets into the Gulf of Aden and Red Sea.
Her arrival in Koper is now confirmed to be 6 Aug.