Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SUMMARY 25 Jul 23

MORNING MARGARETA
has docked in Tacoma. She is due to depart to Vancouver this evening at 18:00 local.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI She is due to arrive in Barcelona on 28 Jul. (Southampton afterwards??) Having said that, I'm not too confident she will make Barcelona by 28th. Depending on how smooth her Suez transit goes I suspect she will be a couple of days late.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug). She has 'gone dark' ie switched off her AIS transponder as she transits what some regard as a high risk area. I'm not expecting her to magically 'reappear' in the Red Sea until tomorrow at the earliest.

GLOVIS COURAGE heading for Suez. Confirmed to be heading for Koper 6 Aug.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is also heading to EU. My guess would be Barcelona around 9 Aug.

MORNING CARINA She departed Shanghai on 21 Jul and will arrive in Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug
I'm not yet convinced she is carrying Teslas.

HOEGH TOKYO departed Taicang earlier today and she is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. I have no evidence that she is carrying any Teslas however if you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

MORNING PILOT is about to dock in Shanghai South. I don't think she is Tesla related.

I think the Tesla export figures so far this quarter from Shanghai will be quite low. We have another 4 weeks to see those figures ramp up but I can't see how they will come close to the Q2 figures.

Last edited:
MORNING MARGARETA has docked in Tacoma. She is due to depart to Vancouver this evening at 18:00 local.
She is scheduled to be brought into the pier at Fraser Wharves (Richmond Auto Terminal) on Thursday, and will depart Friday night - times are local.

My hope is that she could still be brought in for unloading tomorrow, if she arrives and clears Customs quickly enough, but we'll see. But she'll definitely be unloading her Teslas by the end of the week!! 😁

1690320680253.png

Last edited:
Reactions: TinkerBrad
SUMMARY 25 Jul 23

MORNING MARGARETA
has docked in Tacoma. She is due to depart to Vancouver this evening at 18:00 local.

GRANDE MIRAFIORI She is due to arrive in Barcelona on 28 Jul. (Southampton afterwards??) Having said that, I'm not too confident she will make Barcelona by 28th. Depending on how smooth her Suez transit goes I suspect she will be a couple of days late.

GOLD XING is enroute from Shanghai to Ashdod, Israel (1 Aug) and Derince, Turkey (5 Aug). She has 'gone dark' ie switched off her AIS transponder as she transits what some regard as a high risk area. I'm not expecting her to magically 'reappear' in the Red Sea until tomorrow at the earliest.

GLOVIS COURAGE heading for Suez. Confirmed to be heading for Koper 6 Aug.

GLOVIS SUNRISE is also heading to EU. My guess would be Barcelona around 9 Aug.

MORNING CARINA She departed Shanghai on 21 Jul and will arrive in Barcelona 16 Aug and Zeebrugge on 28 Aug
I'm not yet convinced she is carrying Teslas.

HOEGH TOKYO departed Taicang earlier today and she is due to arrive in Zeebrugge on 24 Aug. I have no evidence that she is carrying any Teslas however if you have a VIN then you can check to see if your car is onboard by clicking HERE. Don't forget to let me know if you successfully find your car!

MORNING PILOT is about to dock in Shanghai South. I don't think she is Tesla related.

I think the Tesla export figures so far this quarter from Shanghai will be quite low. We have another 4 weeks to see those figures ramp up but I can't see how they will come close to the Q2 figures.
Why do the have to stop in the Suez Canal? For refuelling or to get into the line in the canal because of the huge traffic? I’m a bit scared about the 06 Koper.. what do you mean by confirmed, how did they confirmed this date of arrival without delays? Thanks a lot!

Why do the have to stop in the Suez Canal? For refuelling or to get into the line in the canal because of the huge traffic? I’m a bit scared about the 06 Koper.. what do you mean by confirmed, how did they confirmed this date of arrival without delays? Thanks a lot!
The Suez Canal operates on a convoy system. There are 2 convoys - a northbound one and a southbound one which depart at different times to deconflict with each other at choke points. It works. There should be no delays and Koper is expecting her on 6 Aug.

I forgot to mention that it's a MYP. Berlin Gigafactory as I was told by the Tesla agent.
I'm not sure it will have shipped yet. I'll keep an eye out for a possible ship.
You'll soon be racing around the Corniche on a Thursday night!

HOEGH TRANSPORTER is heading to Jebel Ali at the moment. You can check to see if your car is onboard by entering the VIN HERE.
Let me know the result!

Last edited:
I'm not sure it will have shipped yet. I'll keep an eye out for a possible ship.
You'll soon be racing around the Corniche on a Thursday night!

HOEGH TRANSPORTER is heading to Jebel Ali at the moment. You can check to see if your car is onboard by entering the VIN HERE.
Let me know the result!
Nothing comes up. I get this message instead:
---

Oh, it seems that we don’t have what you are looking for.​

Please make sure that the number is correct, it should look something like this: VIN1234567 or 182 987 2224.
---
I did type the entire VIN number in there.

Can't wait to take it for a spin thur. night on the Corniche and Lusail :) Nice to someone familiar with the area ! Thanks @Mr Miserable . Indeed the wait is torture at this point.

@Mr Miserable i had to make some changes so I received a different vehicle now, still MYP for UK. I did have delivery for 9th August on previous vehicle (which I was told is already in UK), but now I have a new VIN I have just been asked to schedule my delivery and earliest date is 16th August from Tesla in London.
Any idea what ship this could be on that would mean the vehicle would arrive in Southampton and get to delivery centre for pickup on 16th?
Thanks

Nothing comes up. I get this message instead:
---

Oh, it seems that we don’t have what you are looking for.​

Please make sure that the number is correct, it should look something like this: VIN1234567 or 182 987 2224.
---
I did type the entire VIN number in there.

Can't wait to take it for a spin thur. night on the Corniche and Lusail :) Nice to someone familiar with the area ! Thanks @Mr Miserable . Indeed the wait is torture at this point.
It was a punt - nothing lost on it. It is one of the few ships where you can check to see of your car is onboard.
Your VIN should start XP7... if it's coming from Berlin.
As I said I doubt your car has shipped yet. I'll keep my ear to the ground...